lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
chelanman
Not Yet Wild

Default paint prep

Do I need to use an adhesion promoter or anything else before I spray my cart body? I am going to use a single stage acrylic urethane.
chelanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: paint prep

What kind of cart? What's the body made of?

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
EazyGo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

As long as you sand it before you paint it you shouldnt need anything for adhesion. The right way to do it would be to sand it with 320 grit sandpaper, and then spray a sealer on it before you paint.
EazyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

All of the above are accurate, but injected molded bodies used a release agent in the molding process that can cause problems when applying paint to a body that was originally "dyed" thoughout. That applies to almost all "plastic" bodied" carts. If it's more than 0-10 years old those release agents are probably gone anyway, but either sealing it first or using an adhesion promoter will both enhance the look and add to the durability. Assuming you are sanding in the prep process no matter what you have. Any paint job is 90 percent prep!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:18 PM   #5
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Sorry. "9-10" years is what I meant, but it really pays to prep properly no matter how old the body is......
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:32 AM   #6
chelanman
Not Yet Wild

Sorry forgot to mention it s for a 2004 yamaha. Yes it does have a plastic body, and yes I am sanding it well prior to doing any other processes. Just curious as to wht is best practice for prep prior to paint. Thanks for all the help.
chelanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint