lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
Mkonrath72
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 Golf & Country by Western No Accessories Work

Hello and thanks for reading. I just purchased a gas 1989 Golf & Country by Western. The cart starts great. The reverse buzzer works but that's it. All the wires look complete and perfect to the accessories but none work. On my dash the 3 non working accessories are Blower, Horn and Lights. Also rear break lights don't work. I hear mentions of fuse panel but can't find one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180114_174410.jpg (213.0 KB, 0 views)
Mkonrath72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2018, 09:30 PM   #2
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 89 Golf & Country by Western No Accessories Work

On the electric westerns there is no fuse block. Random fuses.

1 thing i find in alot of westerns, is the key switch goes bad on the 12 volt side.

There are 4 terminals, 2 of the terminals switch the 36 or 48 volts to start the cart.

The other 2 terminals switch the 12 volt stuff, so it only works when the key is on. For some reason, the key switch only fails on the 12 volt terminals.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:05 PM   #3
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

I had one old western like that once, and I had to rewire everything. The basics I believe are ego marathon in that style, however I was not aware that Western made gas carts. Sometimes I have found when restoring an old cart like my Royal Rides that it is just easier to rewire the accessories than it is to find the issue. Then I know it is done right and will be easy to diagnose should something go wrong. Unless you see the obvious issue of course like a disconnected wire when checking.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:22 PM   #4
Mkonrath72
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. Sorry I posted in wrong forum. If I rewire all the accessories can I leave the existing wires in place?
Mkonrath72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO