lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2017, 09:01 PM   #1
ardb
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2000 Par Car Electric parts

A lady bought a 2000 Par Car Electric a couple of years ago. closest dealer is over 60 mi. away. When she replaced the batteries 2 years ago local cart dealer said "If anything other than batteries, they would not be able to help her because they were not a Par Car dealer." She is worried, thinking of dumping it. Looks in good shape to me. Does she have a real concern. I get parts mail order all the time for others. This is the only Par Car I am aware of in the village.
ardb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: 2000 Par Car Electric parts

Over the years since we started saving data, there have been 5 Columbia/ParCar units registered to owners in Brooksville.

Clermont-16
Lady Lake-244
Leesburg-49
Villages-2800

I'm sure some of those numbers have been sold to other locations or replaced, but we keep registration data forever.

Getting parts for ParCar is not really much different than ordering anything else on line. Part manuals and part numbers are already uploaded to BGW, and many dealers would love to get the mail order business.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #3
ardb
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you. She bought the cart from a guy who moved to this village from The Villages. The only thing I can see is that the cable ends need cleaning up and one replaced on one battery. I do a lot of cart repair here on the side.

By the way, how are things in Reedsburg. I assume you are there. I drove through there for 35 years headed to the other side of Hillsboro to Burr Camp for church summer camps.

Ard
Old 11-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

I do work in Reedsburg. But I have a house in Spring Hill. Its going to be my winter home once I retire from columbia.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:11 PM   #5
ardb
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I assume you mean Spring Hill, FL. We have been here since 2010. Welcome to the neighborhood.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:15 PM   #6
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Thanks. Love the area. Close enough to gulf yet far enough from storm surges and tourists.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:44 PM   #7
ardb
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah, we love Pine Island!! We felt very fortunate that the storm turned inland when it did and was much weaker when it got here. There are still a lot of trees to clean up, but we fared well.

We still get to Reedsburg every summer to relatives. Grand and great grand kids in Milwaukee.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:07 PM   #8
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Stop in at Columbia anytime and say hi. Will give you a tour of the assembly plant to see how we make the cars.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:19 AM   #9
ardb
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, Will have to take you up on that.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:13 PM   #10
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

The Par Car dealer facility in Leesburg is actually a pretty good place to seek parts and/or service in my experience. You might like to take a trip down for a visit. Your knowledge of what's available fairly close might do a lot to ease your customer's concerns.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar