lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2017, 03:57 PM   #1
sparky44
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Looking for Par Car ETEK (ACE) Electric motor or Parts

I have a 2003 Columbia Par Car with the "pancake" style motor. This is a briggs and Stratton Etek or aka ACE motor.

The Motor got hot and burnt the rotor commutator, brushes seem to be still in good shape.

I've done a bunch of research and am having a difficult time trying to find either a whole motor, or a new rotor for mine. I've already contacted Kraft Implement, and they can not seem to track down anything either.

Tech- do you know where I can round one up, or a suitable replacement motor for my cart? I understand a typical standard wound motor would not work with my Sevcon controller.

Any member that would know of where to round up one would also be very helpful.

Thank you.

I've attached a picture of the motor I'm looking for, for those not familiar with this style of motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6thannual_par_pmm.jpg (5.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (4.2 KB, 0 views)
sparky44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Looking for Par Car ETEK (ACE) Electric motor or Parts

I received a request from a dealer a couple days ago. There is no replacement for that motor, and even the brushes were obsoleted by Briggs and Stratton. The cost of a motor if available would be too high as you have a very old controller there which would go out next and it is not available either. I would recommend a total upgrade to bring it to today's standard. You would need to upgrade the drive system (motor, controller, contactor, wire harness and key switch). There is a kit with a list price of $2,269.77. I attached that instruction sheet so you can see all it includes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CPC_Instruction_Etek_Controller_712250-00.pdf (277.4 KB, 0 views)
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar