lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2020, 03:04 PM   #11
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Any forums for AGC carts?

One more tidbit from ACG regarding their carts.

They don’t recommend Lithium batteries. . .

“No we don't recommend any lithium battery kits for our cars. So far of the 4 different lithium battery conversions that we have tested with our drive system, none of them have lasted more than 45 seconds before the high discharge battery cut off comes on and shuts the battery pack down. “

From Dan in the parts dept
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2020, 06:14 PM   #12
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok, two more tidbits of info from ACG regarding their cars. . .

1.) Yes you can keep the deltaQ charger plugged into the car. It is recommended by us that if you are charging the car to leave it plugged in uninterrupted for 8-10 hours so that it can fully charge your batteries.

2.) The range varies depending on terrain and how many people are in the car but typically if the batteries are in good condition you should see anywhere from 16-20 miles per charge on a full charge before the low battery cut off comes on.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:15 PM   #13
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Having worked on several ACG vehicles I can add that any time I called ACG for information or even to try to buy parts they seemed irritated that I bothered them. Seemed to go out of their way to be as unhelpful as possible. One older California Roadster needed a front spindle and delta plate (control arm). They really didn't want to sell me the parts and insisted the stock Club Car parts wouldn't work. I ended up installing the DS parts and they worked just fine.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:14 PM   #14
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

I got that same impression too.

I would like to upgrade my car and they don’t seem too interested to help. I onetime asked for a parts list/diagram, no reply. I am surprised I received the two emails this week.

It is nice to hear the CC parts fit the car?
Old 11-11-2020, 01:35 AM   #15
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since this thread has a fair amount of info about the ACG Golf carts, I’ve decided to add information here as I travel the BGW website.

The below post is from CCNorth when she was helping me repair a brake issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
Scratching my head, too. Did you purchase from a authorized ACG dealer/reseller? If so, I don't understand them telling you that it was built on a CC Precedent frame. Here is what a ACG rep posted on this forum:

https://community.electricforum.com/...golf-cars/6470

"Our cars are made in our facility here in Chino, California. These are complete LSV/NEV cars, no body kits, and come as is. This makes it much cheaper and is more efficient than having to buy a chassis, buying the body kit, getting it painted, then installed. The chassis used is similar to that of a Club Car, but is slightly larger and uses a thicker aluminum."

Found a DOT report of Non-Compliance where ACG states they order their carts as a "kit" from China and then is assembled either at the main ACG store or by the reseller. There is a You Tube video showing such an assembly.
Perhaps whoever assembled the cart ran out of Metric bolts.

Does their kit come preassembled from China with the rear axle? I think it might. I saw a post where owner was selling ACG Hummer for parts because he needed a rear axle and it was discontinued and could not find a replacement.

I think it's fair to say your cart is not built on a CC Precedent frame. It is proprietary.

Check the reviews online for ACG. Not as positive as I would like to see.

FYI, Hummer h1 and h3 body kits are available from other sources where anyone can convert their current cart.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:28 PM   #16
cbr04
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for starting this thread. I would like to know as much as possible about my California Roadster.
cbr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:31 PM   #17
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

The information on the ACG carts seem to be limited to what is posted on their website. There does seem to be more info available on their newer carts.

I very much would like to convert my Hummer to lithium, but as stated earlier the guy in the ACG parts department stated it is not recommended (see earlier post.)

I noticed my controller has a manufacture date of 2013 but the cart is 2005, likely there was an upgrade to motor and controller. I’m going to try and identify exactly what I have and see if I can do a safe upgrade.

There is a company based in CA and FL that sells used parts for various ACG carts on eBay. The parts are overpriced.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:45 AM   #18
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

July 12, 2021

I will continue to post information on ACG Golf Carts as I collect it.

Today I spoke with their parts department regarding tie rod ends. Looking at their Roadster service manual the steering rack looks A LOT like the steering rack from a CC DS. So I ordered the set of 2 Right handed threaded and 1 Left handed threaded. Unfortunately, the threaded part was too small.

The parts guy said after 2001 the parts are all ACG specific and I would need to order directly from them. Waiting to hear if they have any in stock.
Old 07-12-2021, 04:11 PM   #19
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

For the tie rod end set (2 left hand, 1 right hand) it cost me $108 delivered (incl. tax + shipping.)

Not bad from the dealer. Considering some of the reviews I’ve read on Amazon about Chinese knock offs lasting only 18 months I’m OK with the price. Hopefully these will also last 15 years.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:58 PM   #20
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

I take back the kind statements made in the previous post.

I did receive the three “new” tie rod ends from ACG within a day, but they were not only used but ALL three were damaged to the point of being unusable.

I am giving them a day and a half to correct the situation before I take action.

Tags
california roadster
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts