lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2020, 03:35 PM   #11
dap247
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Compatible Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
@DAP247 - Do you have a link to that basket on Amazon? I see them for EZGO/Club Car/etc so I want to know which one you have that's compatible.
I don't. I had the dealer install at delivery but can see what they'll divulge as to compatible versions.
dap247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2020, 04:41 PM   #12
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Hey dap247

Thought just crossed my mind...regarding nerf bars for your I40L....I wonder if a fabricator could create these and along with these a small buisness could be created..
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:16 PM   #13
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartsRFun View Post
Hey dap247

Thought just crossed my mind...regarding nerf bars for your I40L....I wonder if a fabricator could create these and along with these a small buisness could be created..
Hmmm....I have an old-school welder right next to my house and there's a powder coating place not too far away either.

I wonder what the market for ICON accessories is. I have some manufacturing/distribution know-how too.

What other accessories though would be worth it and what prices?

I wouldn't really be looking to start a "business" as much as get 30-50 units of some accessory for ICONs, send it to FBA (fulfillment by Amazon) for some minor profit to cover my costs and a case of beer on top, then just help other owners get stuff.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:20 PM   #14
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap247
I'd be curious if you think the safe fits/mounts in the i40L with the batteries. There is definitely some unused space in there that I'd like to take advantage of, especially without a locking dashboard.
I took some pictures of the safe on the i40L for reference.

Gun Safe - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RM71EW2/

The top of the open safe is on the bottom of the white line if you want to line it up to your cart.

You can see in this picture, it's close, but it won't slide in next to the charger. I didn't even think of turning it vertically though...might work that way? I already hooked the safe back to the i60L though or I'd take more pics. If you really need a test-fit vertically or something I'll do it tomorrow though.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:11 AM   #15
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Hmmm....I have an old-school welder right next to my house and there's a powder coating place not too far away either.

I wonder what the market for ICON accessories is. I have some manufacturing/distribution know-how too.

What other accessories though would be worth it and what prices?

I wouldn't really be looking to start a "business" as much as get 30-50 units of some accessory for ICONs, send it to FBA (fulfillment by Amazon) for some minor profit to cover my costs and a case of beer on top, then just help other owners get stuff.
Might be worthwhile ... get the aftermarket a kickstart..
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:28 AM   #16
dap247
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartsRFun View Post
Might be worthwhile ... get the aftermarket a kickstart..
Agreed. My cart is going in on Tuesday for its first annual service so I may ask a bit more about the mounting issues they've seen with other nerf/step bars but I know I'd be interested in a set - as would my in-laws - so that's 2 so far!

I'll certainly give some thought to other add-ons too.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:30 AM   #17
dap247
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I took some pictures of the safe on the i40L for reference.

Gun Safe - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RM71EW2/

The top of the open safe is on the bottom of the white line if you want to line it up to your cart.

You can see in this picture, it's close, but it won't slide in next to the charger. I didn't even think of turning it vertically though...might work that way? I already hooked the safe back to the i60L though or I'd take more pics. If you really need a test-fit vertically or something I'll do it tomorrow though.
That's helpful to get a sense of the size. I may just order one, regardless, and play around with the mounting - although I am thinking more and more about potentially adding that carbon fiber dash which would solve my desire to secure some valuables.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:55 AM   #18
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap247
That's helpful to get a sense of the size. I may just order one, regardless, and play around with the mounting - although I am thinking more and more about potentially adding that carbon fiber dash which would solve my desire to secure some valuables.
Well what I really want to fabricate is a "trunk" for under the rear seat.

Wouldn't that solve your problem in a better way? For me, it's semi-wasted space. I have bungee cords that I use across the bars.

And what does a set of good nerf bars go for? Can you send a link to some that you like so I can get an idea? I might swing by my welder (he's golf cart distance) and see what he'd charge to make some.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #19
dap247
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Well what I really want to fabricate is a "trunk" for under the rear seat.

Wouldn't that solve your problem in a better way? For me, it's semi-wasted space. I have bungee cords that I use across the bars.

And what does a set of good nerf bars go for? Can you send a link to some that you like so I can get an idea? I might swing by my welder (he's golf cart distance) and see what he'd charge to make some.
I'd definitely be open to something for back there. For now, I've had success with this 7 gallon storage bin from HomeDepot. You'll see in the attached photo that I plasti-dipped the yellow cover so it wasn't so obvious under there and never had any issues with it moving around/tipping out. Might be something for you to consider in the meantime!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0773.jpg (240.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-02-2020, 02:52 PM   #20
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap247 View Post
I'd definitely be open to something for back there. For now, I've had success with this 7 gallon storage bin from HomeDepot. You'll see in the attached photo that I plasti-dipped the yellow cover so it wasn't so obvious under there and never had any issues with it moving around/tipping out. Might be something for you to consider in the meantime!
I pretty much want to make what club car has. Check out the pic below.

I'm thinking mine would be powder coated metal with a key pull-latch. I'd make it so it'd bolt to the 4 upper bolts holding the seat down, then the 2 lower bolts inside the well.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon