lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2020, 11:44 PM   #1
bobotron
Not Yet Wild
Star

Default Star Cart intermittent limp mode issue

Hey all so last fall I bought this cart I have turned into an amazing one-of-a-kind custom tiki cart, and now it is having an intermittent mechanical problem that is driving me crazy.

So I charge the cart fully overnight, drive it about 5 miles or so (to town and back) and about the time I get home or close to it, it goes into limp mode and drives very slow. I get a code 1,3 (speed sensor). Sometimes I can reset it with the run/tow switch, and it works for a little longer. Sometimes not. I can usually tell its about to do it because as I accelerate from a stop, it will slightly hesitate a couple times as it gets up to speed. For just a split second.

I'm not even sure how much of this cart is factory and what has been modified, so here is what I know:

2007 "Cruise Car SX2" (Star cart?) (I think it started as 36v)
48v system with 6 new 8v batteries
New heavy duty solenoid
Supposedly rebuilt 36v motor DE4-4011 from Advanced Motors in NY
Has a 48v Yamaha charger and port
Curtis 1268-5403 controller which I sent off to be tested and they said it was good.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
bobotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2022, 11:32 AM   #2
Jaxinvt
Not Yet Wild
Star

Default Re: Star Cart intermittent limp mode issue

The speed sensor is located on the back side of the motor. Your particular motor uses speed sensor 6787.
Jaxinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay