lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2020, 08:22 AM   #1
Bradcfromnc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Micro switch question

I have an 89 2 stroke marathon I just bought. Found alot of issues so my current issue is the micro switches. The three that are on the cart are 2 terminal and there normally closed and I was wondering if they are the correct switches. I ask this because I've rewired the whole cart new solinoid bench tested the starter/generator and cant get the motor to turn over also i know the ignition switch isn't correct as it is a 4 terminal universal do i tried to jump it and nothing. I've used the wiring diagram found in the stickies and thinking its just something really stupid i over looked. Any help would be great 👍
Bradcfromnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2020, 10:02 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Micro switch question

Yes, that is the right switch. If you look at the passenger side of the FnR switch with a light, you can see the cam rotate. When you reach full forward, or full reverse, there is an indentation that the roller pops into. That switch is now closed.

The Reverse buzzer switch is located on the driver's side of the FnR switch. It's only purpose is to turn on the buzzer in reverse. It has no affect on operation. If you use it, its source of power is the hot side of the key switch.

The neutral switch is another optional switch. It prevents you from starting the cart with the big lugs only making partial contact.

The pedal switch is the only one that you really need. All three switches are identical.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 01:57 PM   #3
Bradcfromnc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info greatly appreciated just waiting on a new ignition switch to show up from Amazon tomorrow and hopefully it'll run
Old 06-30-2020, 07:45 AM   #4
NEMESIS9
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradcfromnc View Post
Thanks for the info greatly appreciated just waiting on a new ignition switch to show up from Amazon tomorrow and hopefully it'll run
Can you share a link to the Amazon switch?
NEMESIS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:36 AM   #5
Bradcfromnc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here's the switch I got
https://www.amazon.com/EZGO-18602G1-.../dp/B007G7F1PO
Works good
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO