lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2020, 03:36 PM   #11
Blaze1216
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Electric to gas conversion

HBR,
Interesting. I’m going to look into that some more. Thank you
Blaze1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2020, 10:11 PM   #12
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

I see mention of a unitized rear end... of that is what you have picked up you can save yourself some time and head ache a get a Vegas carts motor cradle / mount that will bolt directly to that rear end- their cradle replaces the stock club car cradle. It’s a very nice unit and fully adjustable. But it is designed to have the motor mounted with the pto shaft to the right (passenger side) of the cart. I did see you say you’re a welder/fabricator so I’m sure your capable of getting it taken care of on your own. I can do it but I’m to the point I just never seem to have enough time to take care of my projects anymore! On my ds I put a predator 420cc in before there were any kits. Made all the brackets and everything myself and machined the driven clutch- I guess I’ve gotten lazy in the last 10 years! 🧐
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:50 PM   #13
Blaze1216
Not Yet Wild

Matt, yeah I have decided to fully customize the motor mount so I can mount the jack shaft between the motor and the rear end. I had to push the motor forward as far as I could for everything to clear. I’ll post some progress pictures
Old 06-16-2020, 09:06 PM   #14
Blaze1216
Not Yet Wild

F70BBD41-F2FF-4507-B3F8-4FAC756BFC99.jpeg

21505C52-B506-4D53-A4B6-65C729BC83D3.jpeg

03D37D8D-0981-4431-9BE6-6C5045FA629D.jpeg

17ECE3CD-6F57-46DE-A786-D3249E1826E7.jpeg

459B1AAC-56E1-4EB4-A779-62BF7287FC6C.jpeg

I took the motor mount from my previous set up and welded it to a plate that mounts to the rear end. The front of the motor mount I bolted to a nice thick aluminum plate and bolted that to the frame. Did a quick fit to see how everyrhinf is lining up and it’s looking good. Just have to reinforce parts of the frame after I get everything where it needs to go.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:21 PM   #15
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze1216 View Post
Attachment 204535

Attachment 204536

Attachment 204537

Attachment 204538

Attachment 204539

I took the motor mount from my previous set up and welded it to a plate that mounts to the rear end. The front of the motor mount I bolted to a nice thick aluminum plate and bolted that to the frame. Did a quick fit to see how everyrhinf is lining up and it’s looking good. Just have to reinforce parts of the frame after I get everything where it needs to go.
everything looking good. just 1 thing id like to mention to maybe consider. the motor is mounted to your rear end which is mounted to the leaf springs- these flex and move. on the stock club car setups its floats on a tab with a rubber bushing "snubber" which allows it to flex and move with the suspension. i seem to remember some of the older big block conversion kits used a heim joint to attach the front motor mount to the frame to allow it to flex and move with the rear suspension. hopefully that pivot setup will allow enough flex and twisting. the jackshaft is extra step but i think its good way to make your rear end turn the proper direction. nice work.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:29 PM   #16
Blaze1216
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
everything looking good. just 1 thing id like to mention to maybe consider. the motor is mounted to your rear end which is mounted to the leaf springs- these flex and move. on the stock club car setups its floats on a tab with a rubber bushing "snubber" which allows it to flex and move with the suspension. i seem to remember some of the older big block conversion kits used a heim joint to attach the front motor mount to the frame to allow it to flex and move with the rear suspension. hopefully that pivot setup will allow enough flex and twisting. the jackshaft is extra step but i think its good way to make your rear end turn the proper direction. nice work.

Thank you. I was looking at that when I was doing the dry fit with the motor and with it all together it has some flex I’m not thinking it will be a problem. We will see If something breaks I can easily fab something up with a heim joint which is a great idea ! I wasn’t thinking about the twist only the up and gown pivot
Old 06-18-2020, 12:51 PM   #17
HBR
Gone Wild

Blaze1216 - Am I seeing correctly, did you cut out a section of the passenger side frame rail?

Nice welding, I wish I had those kind of skills.
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:57 PM   #18
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

That's pretty much the nicest most heavy duty engine cradle I've ever seen in a golf cart! Those welds.....dang....stackin dimes!!!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:41 PM   #19
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
That's pretty much the nicest most heavy duty engine cradle I've ever seen in a golf cart! Those welds.....dang....stackin dimes!!!
Gotta love aluminum welds!
Old 06-20-2020, 09:15 PM   #20
Blaze1216
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBR View Post
Blaze1216 - Am I seeing correctly, did you cut out a section of the passenger side frame rail?

Nice welding, I wish I had those kind of skills.

Thank you. Yes I had to cut for the engine to clear. But I am currently fabing up some strong aluminum T-bar to swoop down lower under the side of the engine to reinforce the frame. Also going to be adding some more reinforcements in a couple spots to make sure it’s strong
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!