lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2020, 06:27 AM   #21
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: More VC625 carb voodoo/experimentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldphart View Post
Because, sir....you were one of the fortunate ones. You didn't pay your debt to society owning retail auto parts stores.....and weren't cursed with this goofy photographic memory......so you don't gotta' head filed full of useless stuff. I *think* that filter is for a late 70's/early 80's Chrysler product with a "Bent Six".....if my memory serves me correctly.

If you're not 60+....you ain't gonna' know what a "Bent Six" is. You're young and lucky.....

Jim
Ha I'm 47 and I know...except we call it "Slant Six" 225 cid if I remember correctly Nearly bulletproof engine. I worked in auto parts for 9 years, but I'm sure I don't know a fraction of what you do lol. I do have nightmares once in a while about being stuck on the counter by myself on a Saturday morning with 15 deep in front of me....
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2020, 06:32 AM   #22
oldphart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I do have nightmares once in a while about being stuck on the counter by myself on a Saturday morning with 15 deep in front of me....
Amen, brutha. Me too......
oldphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 03:17 PM   #23
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
The silicone elbow is 2-1/2 x 3 with an aluminum sleeve to mount the NO2 nozzle in to a 3" outlet air filter - filter is 12 x 6 gauze air filter made by Spectre
comes pre oiled
Yeah, this part isn’t too difficult but what or how did you make something to attach to the throttle body ?
I actually cut up my old box filter and fashioned a mount with pvc inch and quarter and epoxy. Then I picked up a chrome top one inch filter from Napa
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 03:17 PM   #24
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
On my VC 625 Shepard modified carb I have the oval K&N filter. This is mounted on a modded VC 460 using the Mikuni intake manifold as an adapter. All the clones LOVE increased air flow. There a BIG power gains to be had if you can keep the mixture correct along with having your fuel system able to keep up with the increased demand. Pic of the whole set up on page 13 of my Vc 460 build.
I’ll check it out Ray
Old 05-31-2020, 03:29 PM   #25
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Ha I'm 47 and I know...except we call it "Slant Six" 225 cid if I remember correctly Nearly bulletproof engine. I worked in auto parts for 9 years, but I'm sure I don't know a fraction of what you do lol. I do have nightmares once in a while about being stuck on the counter by myself on a Saturday morning with 15 deep in front of me....
Hey what’s up SLO ?

I had a 72 D100 with a slant six , three speed , drum brakes.

Great learner truck for a 17 year old
Old 06-02-2020, 12:48 PM   #26
oldphart
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'm still tampering & tuning, but I decided to build another carb so I can make a change and switch versus disassemble and make change. I got the first mixture screw as per Shepard's instruction from EC Carburetors.....but I placed an order for two more and some springs, got charged for it all but shorted the idle screws and they won't answer emails, and I'll be damned if I'll reorder from them after that. Is there another source for these....or a stock (Honda?) application that I can use?

Thanks a bunch for any input.

Jim
Old 06-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #27
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

NRracing sells a ton of OEM honda parts. You might want to contact them and see if they can help.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:26 PM   #28
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldphart View Post
I'm still tampering & tuning, but I decided to build another carb so I can make a change and switch versus disassemble and make change. I got the first mixture screw as per Shepard's instruction from EC Carburetors.....but I placed an order for two more and some springs, got charged for it all but shorted the idle screws and they won't answer emails, and I'll be damned if I'll reorder from them after that. Is there another source for these....or a stock (Honda?) application that I can use?

Thanks a bunch for any input.

Jim
The 24mm's idle mixture screw thread pattern is different then any other Ruxin carburetor. All other screws are the same.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:38 PM   #29
oldphart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks, guys. I've got a couple coming from NR and I'll re-thread them like I did the first one.

Much appreciated!

Jim
Old 06-05-2020, 12:00 PM   #30
HBR
Gone Wild

oldphart - I opened up the pilot on my 24mm carb and it was exactly what was needed. With the stock pilot, the idle screw was basically ineffective. I basically couldn't turn it out far enough to make a noticeable difference. But with it opened up and about 1 turn out, the screw controls the mixture in a reasonable range now.
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!