lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2020, 08:56 AM   #1
alexstealth094x4
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Stealth 4x4 Patriot Power Issues

First Post so please bear with me.

I have a 2009 Stealth Patriot 4x4. I am having issues with power. Sometimes when I hit a bump off-roading the cart completely stops. When trying to put it back into forward or reverse there is just a "clicking noise" coming from the solenoid and the buggie does not move.

Sometimes after resting it will start back up again like nothing happened. Well it has finally stopped completely. I replaced the solenoid and the issue was still present. I replaced the F&R switch and the issue was still present.

There is power going to the solenoid, and from the solenoid to the controller, but no power from the controller to the motor. That leads me to believe the controller is going out, or some wiring loose within the controller because sometimes the buggie would work and sometimes not.

Is this a controller issue or a battery issue or something entirely different?

Thanks for your reply.
alexstealth094x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
garveyjac
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stealth 4x4 Patriot Power Issues

I too have a 2009 Stealth 4x4 Patriot. My situation was similar and I tested the way you did. A new controller ($$$) fixed the problem and has been working fine for about 2 years now.
garveyjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:02 AM   #3
alexstealth094x4
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice! I have ordered a new controller, batteries (needed to be done anyways), and throttle. I am sure one of these is the culprit. Will update on the tread once installed so this might help other people in the future.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:13 PM   #4
alexstealth094x4
Not Yet Wild

Got the Alltrax SR48600 installed and new Heavy Duty Solenoid and it’s working just fine. Also upgraded to Lithium batteries. With the weight gone from old batteries and new performance parts this thing is a beast!!!
Old 01-23-2020, 01:31 PM   #5
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstealth094x4 View Post
Got the Alltrax SR48600 installed and new Heavy Duty Solenoid and it’s working just fine. Also upgraded to Lithium batteries. With the weight gone from old batteries and new performance parts this thing is a beast!!!
i wish i could take the drive for lithium batteries. but its so **** expensive
Gallachera89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:37 PM   #6
alexstealth094x4
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I bit the bullet on paying for those but haven’t put them to the test really yet. I do know I lessened the weight on my buggie by about 500lbs though so I’m expecting awesome performance out in the woods and hills just from that. Can’t beat a 7 year warranty though either. Only time will tell I guess. Will post again once I take it back out to the backwoods.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:52 AM   #7
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

you have a link on the battery kit that you bought? id be curious to look at it
Gallachera89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:52 AM   #8
alexstealth094x4
Not Yet Wild

https://www.extremekartz.com/club-ca...ries-full-set/

I upgraded to the 50AH with Battery Charger

Wishing I had the $$ to get the 100AH (to get longer distance) though since I have a pretty heavy duty motor & controller.

BE CAUTIOUS though... the "Miles Range" is off of little 1-2hp stock motors. Which I think is deceiving that they have that displayed on their website since most buyers (in my opinion) have up-graded parts in their cart.

I would suggest seeing what your motor is pulling amperage wise at full load and choose the type of AH battery from there.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:06 PM   #9
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Hey Guys, I too have a 2009 Stealth Patriot. My batteries are getting to the point of replacing. It's getting so I can't go but about 6 miles before pack is getting down to 50%SOC. Couple of questions: 1. So you replaced with 4 - 12 volt Lithium batteries? 2. With the less weight, does cart perform better on hills, etc?
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:09 PM   #10
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Could I use the same onboard charger for the lithium pak or do I have to replace?
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts