lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2020, 09:46 AM   #1
DanMan21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default What hitch for my SX4?

I want to add a trailer hitch to my SX4. I was reading some threads and there appears to be 2 options...a basic hitch that connects to the bottom of the grab rail on the back of the cart and then a heavier duty that connects to the frame.

I want to tow a small trailer for a few of the kids to go inside for hay rides during the holidays, etc..

Can somebody link me or help me with which hitch to purchase?

Thanks!

Pics for attention
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 59893763174__E187ACB8-0340-4EF3-947E-F9E4529E9508.jpg (72.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4648.jpg (162.5 KB, 0 views)
DanMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2020, 08:02 AM   #2
bigbend
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What hitch for my SX4?

I have the same cart, but have not added a hitch yet. This one is the only one i've found that is a direct bolt up on a S4 Express. It should be noted that the vendor states that 500 lbs is the limit due to where it's mounted. It's also much more expensive than the generic hitches.

https://www.countrycat.com/2-inch-hi...2-2019-express

Personally, I would buy the generic hitch and fabricate it to actually mount to the frame, by welding on some angle iron or mounts.
bigbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
DanMan21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What hitch for my SX4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbend View Post
I have the same cart, but have not added a hitch yet. This one is the only one i've found that is a direct bolt up on a S4 Express. It should be noted that the vendor states that 500 lbs is the limit due to where it's mounted. It's also much more expensive than the generic hitches.

https://www.countrycat.com/2-inch-hi...2-2019-express

Personally, I would buy the generic hitch and fabricate it to actually mount to the frame, by welding on some angle iron or mounts.
Thanks for the info...not in a huge rush, so I'll keep looking.

If I find something, I'll report back.
DanMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop