lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2019, 03:58 AM   #1
rebauto
Not Yet Wild

Default Beginner with electric carts, but jumped in with both feet

I'm gonna share the progress on my most recent project. A 1996 Club Car DS Golf Cart. I stripped all the electronics and started fresh with a new IQ wiring harness and upgraded motor with 2ga wiring for all major connections. Have a new Spartan Body on order. Just finished the A-Arm lift kit with new 23" tall A/T tires and heavy duty rear leaf's tonight. With this new motor It did 24mph on the stock 18" tall tires with the Alltrax FNKey on it's max setting (I haven't done any programming to it yet), so I expect some pretty good improvements with the taller tires. It would smoke the stock right rear tire with this new motor. Zippy and a blast to spin around 180⁰ in the driveway without the lift. I highly recommend Revolution Golf Carts for your upgrade needs, David Hicks will hook you up. Just a tip for anyone doing something similar, don't cheap out on a half price Amazon China A-Arm lift kit like I did, go ahead and spend the money for a quality USA made lift kit. This one was a pain in the behind and not the best quality. Among many other things, The front shocks have limited travel, almost bottomed out sitting stationary and the rear shocks are almost at full extension. We'll see how it does once loaded down with the body and people and the suspension settles. (Ignore my messy garage, lol) PS: If anyone is in the market for a factory 48V GE Motor and factory Club Car 48V charger, as well as 4 stock wheels and tires with hubcaps, I have them for sale cheap...as well as a DS body... (I forgot to crop all my pics before submitting, so you'll have to turn your head a bit because I don't feel like going back and deleting them and starting over with this long post)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

rebauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2019, 04:19 AM   #2
rebauto
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Beginner with electric carts, but jumped in with both feet

Yes, that's a HD Road King and a 51 Ford F1 pickup in the background...before anyone asks...

Old 12-31-2019, 05:48 AM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Can you turn the photos so we can see them?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:02 AM   #4
rebauto
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Yes. If I can figure out how to edit it, my edit button is missing now for some reason. I was tired last night when I posted.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:58 AM   #5
rebauto
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
By the way, I read your build thread, that was quite inspiring and excellent work!
Old 12-31-2019, 12:09 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebauto View Post
Yes. If I can figure out how to edit it, my edit button is missing now for some reason. I was tired last night when I posted.
You'ii figure it out.

Very thorough job so far!
Old 12-31-2019, 12:13 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebauto View Post
By the way, I read your build thread, that was quite inspiring and excellent work!
Thank you!
Old 12-31-2019, 12:35 PM   #8
rebauto
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=rebauto;1679112]I'm gonna share the progress on my most recent project. A 1996 Club Car DS Golf Cart. I stripped all the electronics and started fresh with a new IQ wiring harness and upgraded motor with 2ga wiring for all major connections. Have a new Spartan Body on order. Just finished the A-Arm lift kit with new 23" tall A/T tires and heavy duty rear leaf's tonight. With this new motor It did 24mph on the stock 18" tall tires with the Alltrax FNKey on it's max setting (I haven't done any programming to it yet), so I expect some pretty good improvements with the taller tires. It would smoke the stock right rear tire with this new motor. Zippy and a blast to spin around 180⁰ in the driveway without the lift. I highly recommend Revolution Golf Cars for your upgrade needs, David Hicks will hook you up. Just a tip for anyone doing something similar, don't cheap out on a half price Amazon China A-Arm lift kit like I did, go ahead and spend the money for a quality USA made lift kit. This one was a pain in the behind and not the best quality. Among many other things, The front shocks have limited travel, almost bottomed out sitting stationary and the rear shocks are almost at full extension. We'll see how it does once loaded down with the body and people and the suspension settles. (Ignore my messy garage, lol) PS: If anyone is in the market for a factory 48V GE Motor and factory Club Car 48V charger, as well as 4 stock wheels and tires with hubcaps, I have them for sale cheap...as well as a DS body...

Old 12-31-2019, 01:28 PM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Where are you located?
Old 12-31-2019, 02:37 PM   #10
rebauto
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Where are you located?
Huntsville, Texas

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides