lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
Car53WhereRU
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Club Car reverse buzzer ?

As some of you know I just recently replaced the resistor coils on my 01 CC 36 volt with a torque kit motor / controller up-grade from BU. The kit does not provide for the reverse buzzer wiring. While I know that the buzzer is a PITA, since others sometimes drive my buggie and it is often used in areas where there is a large crowd I feel the buzzer is a safety item and want to re-connect it. I looked at the electrical drawing for my old system and the new one as well but do not see how to connect it. I contacted the seller with this info and their reply was to send me a copy of the original wiring diagram.

Has anyone else faced this problem or knows how to wire the buzzer. Any help would be appreciated. Car 53...
Car53WhereRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

you could add a second micro to your f&r and wire it from battery to switch to buzzer
IAMCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:59 PM   #3
roady89

Ground from batt NEG to neg on buzzer. Then from batt POS to micro then out from micro to buzzer POS...Thats one way to do it. You could swap the + and - around. Not sure of the factory way.

club car reverse buzzer
Old 01-31-2007, 07:55 PM   #4
Car53WhereRU
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I had considered doing just that, adding a second micro switch but wanted to see if I was missing something while reviewing the wiring diagrams. Certainly did not want to "re-invent the wheel" so to speak if it could be adapted to the existing wiring. I did however when I re-wired my buggie provide drop-outs for the buzzer near the F&R switch so adding the new switch may well be the easiest way. Thanks again for your input. The collective knowledge of those on the forum enable one to find an answer to most any question. Car53...
Old 05-19-2007, 10:20 PM   #5
Car53WhereRU
Getting Wild

Club Car

Just as a follow up...I finally got around to adding the second micro switch for my reverse buzzer. Finding the switch was easy but those 4-40 machine screws were another story. Picked up power from the other micro switch common and ran through the buzzer to ground at the charger base. Now my reverse buzzer works as it should, only in reverse and with the key on. Thanks again for the input...Car53
Old 05-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #6
CUTiger
Gone Wild

sweet now I know how to put mine on in case the camp ground gets onto me about it when I go in for inspection next month....it may be a really temporary install though
CUTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #7
Car53WhereRU
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yes I know the buzzer is a PITA but not having it is a real liability issue since CC placed it as OEM. As I said the biggest problem was the 4-40 mounting screws. The longest I could find were 1 1/4" and I needed 1 1/2". Found some 4-40 "all thread" at Lowes and cut it to fit. FYI the nuts on the back of the F/R switch are not caged and WILL fall out. They are a real *&%# to get back in place with-out removing the F/R unit, but it can be done. When it comes time to do yours if you run into any problems give me a shout...Car53
Old 05-20-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
CUTiger
Gone Wild

Thanks! I'll keep you in mind, I'm hoping I don't have to put it on because I rarely use it at the beach and its not a big deal at home in trails.
CUTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #9
sctarheel
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car reverse buzzer ?

1983 club car, my brake shoes need adjusting shoes are good but brakes don't stop the car when I push the brake pedal. how do I adjust brakes??I have adjusted them at the wheel with the brake adjusted and underneath at cable.
sctarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car reverse buzzer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctarheel View Post
1983 club car, my brake shoes need adjusting shoes are good but brakes don't stop the car when I push the brake pedal. how do I adjust brakes??I have adjusted them at the wheel with the brake adjusted and underneath at cable.
pm sent
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car