lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing
Golf Cart Racing Buggies Gone Wild Racing League

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
eric.gilchriest
Not Yet Wild

Default need help

how muc power can u put on a stock moter cont.. and how much can u bring in far 10 sec or so ???
eric.gilchriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: need help

ummm, what are you trying to do and with what ?
EZGOmywallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
eric.gilchriest
Not Yet Wild

just trying to make somthing to play on and mess with pep want to be able to do get all i can out a stock looking cart dont realy care how long it last going to build a race cart in a few months oh its a 36 volt moter thought about put n 72 on it to cruse around maybe 5 min at a time with a 72 boost on it an a switch
Old 03-05-2010, 06:05 AM   #4
GarageBuilt
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.gilchriest View Post
just trying to make somthing to play on and mess with pep want to be able to do get all i can out a stock looking cart dont realy care how long it last going to build a race cart in a few months oh its a 36 volt moter thought about put n 72 on it to cruse around maybe 5 min at a time with a 72 boost on it an a switch
eric. There is no cheap speed. Just to hit 25 to 30 mph. Will cost you around 2500. Not counting the batteries. That could be 1000. more. If you can tell me how much money you are willing to spend. I can tell you how fast you can go & the best way to get there.
GarageBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:15 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I just put 48v to a stock 36v motor & differential on 22s and GPSed at 22mph for a fraction of $2500
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #6
GarageBuilt
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I just put 48v to a stock 36v motor & differential on 22s and GPSed at 22mph for a fraction of $2500
22 mph is a long way from 30 mph. This guy talks about a boost & High voltage plus building a race cart. 22 mph won't work.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
eric.gilchriest
Not Yet Wild

well really dont care about how much it cost how ever dont want to spend money just cause if i dont have to i want on the race cart im going to start building from the ground up i would like to get aroung 80 mph in the 8th but the cart that i ride around at the track when i race my pro stock car i want to just leave it stock and put as much boost on it i can so i can just burn the tires for show and play any more ???
Old 03-05-2010, 08:40 AM   #8
eric.gilchriest
Not Yet Wild

how ever im not building the race cart for the track building it to run against some wheelers withch is very big where i live on the street :) want to shut shut every one up lol on my golf cart even though it wont look like a stock cart but no one down hear has ever seen a racing eletric cart
Old 03-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
EZGOmywallet
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

you have a pro stock car and your not sure how to make a golf cart go fast ? There are plenty of options, if you use the "search" feature at the top of the page you can find a lot of info for different methods to go 80mph in the 8th.
EZGOmywallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #10
GarageBuilt
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.gilchriest View Post
eric!! This type of setup that you want will be simple to build plus a lot of fun. But there are alot of things that need to be considered. Number One.. You will need the ability to cut / weld / & fit. Number two..You will need the ability to design something either in your head or on paper..Then you will have to make it work...

Let's start with the batteries. First of all never mix your batteries. Always stay with the same battery (type /size / brand.... For example..The trojan battery is an excellent battery for the 36-volt system. But not the ideal battery for the 72-volt boost. Although they will work. I would recommend the odyssey battery. This is the No# 1 battery used by most of the high voltage carts of today... They have the ability of the deep cycle battery plus they have the high amps & fast discharging that is required for a great boost.

Now for your biggest decision of this whole project... How many batteries will you be useing...

For a 72- volt Boost or a controller by/pass you will need a total of 108 volts...

6-volt batteries... you will need 18.

8-volt batteries... you will need 14.

12-volt batteries...you will need 9.

Here is just an idea of how I did a battery box for a 96-volt cart.

Once you get passed all of this. The rest is down hill...

eric. when you get this far let me know & I will get you the rest of the way.. There is still alot to get through.. But no way will my thoughts /views / are opinions be the cheapest way out.. But they will be the safest & the most reliable means to achieve high voltage... Get the battery part right most or all or your a$$ can go up in smoke. Bang!!!! Boom!!!!! Pow!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing