lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 84 CC slow solenoid 3 and 4 are weak

Hay Guys...My 84 club car want pull my little jon boat out of the water and is slow going up hills...Batteries are good and all cables have recently been replaced....I put it on jacks...The master solenoid clicks first and loud....As I mash down further the 1st solenoid clicks loud and the wheels start turning good...Further down and the 2nd solenoid clicks loud and the wheels speed up...As i mash down the 3rd and 4th solenoid do click but very week..You have to have your hand on them to feel them click plus the wheels dont seem to go any faster....I think that is where I am loosing power...Is this an indication of both solenoids being bad or maybe just one, or is there something else I should look at....the coils in back are good shape and not touching....the batteries charge good and last a good while...
Thanks
Bill
ncseadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2009, 01:52 AM   #2
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 84 CC slow solenoid 3 and 4 are weak

Well im going with both are bad, but from experience in taking the long buss bar off of the solenoids they all will start to snap off posts, they get rusty so, if you just want to do the 2 be carefull soak the bolts/nuts in pb blaster or something. but that is for sure your problem, check out cartzone.com or cartpartsplus.com for your solenoids
bhfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This is probably the biggest pain in the but system CC made Each solenoid has a micro switch in a tin box at the end of the accelerator rod. The micros could be bad or the solenoids could be bad or any wires in between.....do you have a volt meter?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
ncseadad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks bhfear and yes Scotty I have a volt meter...I was trying to figure out how to test the solenoids as they progressed to each other but never found the right way...I was thinking they would increase in voltage but may be wrong....
I can feel number 3 and 4 clicking when I put my hand on them but very weak clicks and sounds....1 and 2 are strong...guess thats why I sorta rulled out the micro swithes because I can feel a click....
Where would I put my leads from the voltmeter to check the solenoids..Just going to a gound and then to each solenoid I have 12+ volts on each solenoid (dont remember which post I was checking) but all had 12 volts...

If they are suppose to, I couldnt find any increase in voltage as I mashed the pedel down...

All solenoids have been cleaned...
Thanks
Bill
ncseadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

its not uncommon for them to go bad at all so you just might want to replace them.............and you might want to check in the micro box to see the condition of the white slider that activates the micro switches it could be wearing out.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hey, Tom. He said he can 'feel' them click so micros should be okay....Solenoids 1-3 hear em click. 3&4 sound faint + feel them click.
Two bad solenoids...... Now here is a thought that cart is 20 plus yrs old. 2 out of 5 solenoids have crapped out so replace them all when you go to do it because the others are not far behind.... I know Tom will agree with me there
Old 04-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes i agree with you, i mentioned the slider because of the age and if its wearing and just barely activating the solenoids in that area could also effect it.......just a thought....................but yes unless the other solenoids are new i would dump 5 in it........................................
Old 04-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
yes i agree with you, i mentioned the slider because of the age and if its wearing and just barely activating the solenoids in that area could also effect it.......just a thought....................but yes unless the other solenoids are new i would dump 5 in it........................................
I just got one more question for you Shadow.......
When's that snow gonna melt???
Old 04-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

cripes, scotty up camp you never know..........2 years ago me and the wife were there end of april when i took that pic. and sunday morning at 5.30 am my wife wakes me and says you need to look outside i say why did someone steal my truck...........looked out to 12 inches of snow and it was still coming down hard......it quit at 17 inches i beleive...........they closed all the roads in ahstabula where we were but i ventured out anyways for breakfast......i ended up pulling 2 ohio state trooper cars out of culverts and a towtruck, the one trooper says you know your not supposed to be out here but since you helped me i won,t ticket you what a D.H........... we ended up having to stay until tuesday...........where our camp is you never know......it snowed up there about 10 days ago i think they got 2 inches my buddy told me.................................man i love that place in the winter pulling sleds and tubes with the golfcart and trying to keep up with the snow mobilers what a blast....................................
Old 04-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You make cold sound fun What is the elevation?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car