lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
davjohn28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Camber once loaded?

How much does camber change from empty cart to cart with 2 passengers? I keep adjusting mine due to tire wear but it still doesn’t seem to wear correctly. I’m 250 and fiancé is probably 110 so majority of times we have 360 pounds sitting on it while cruising streets. Is it possible that madjax lift kit is not aligned “ correctly” once loaded down and actually moving?

IMG_0965.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davjohn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2019, 01:20 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Camber once loaded?

If you're driving it on pavement the camber will change due to tire scrub. Off road not as much of a problem. It's the nature of the type of suspension on these carts. You can try to build in some positive camber to counteract that. But the reality is, unless you have a true double wishbone type suspension, the camber will change throughout the suspension cycle.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:55 PM   #3
davjohn28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
If you're driving it on pavement the camber will change due to tire scrub. Off road not as much of a problem. It's the nature of the type of suspension on these carts. You can try to build in some positive camber to counteract that. But the reality is, unless you have a true double wishbone type suspension, the camber will change throughout the suspension cycle.
True, and we do 99% pavement riding so I May leave it alone as it should be close to zero with the most minimal amount of negative/positive camber as we ride on street.... tires are cheap!! 🤷🏻*♂️🤷🏻*♂️
davjohn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:47 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by davjohn28 View Post
True, and we do 99% pavement riding so I May leave it alone as it should be close to zero with the most minimal amount of negative/positive camber as we ride on street.... tires are cheap!! 🤷🏻*♂️🤷🏻*♂️
There you go! Good luck!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:29 AM   #5
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by davjohn28 View Post
Experiencing this myself but my tires are not so cheap.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts