lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2019, 10:58 AM   #1
bernito
Not Yet Wild

Default New EZGO 2Five Lithium Conversion

After fits and starts and months of research, I am finally going to embark on my 2014 EZGO 2Five lithium conversion. Thank you to all the forum members who have, and hopefully will continue to, answered all of my newbie questions. I have purchase nearly everything and here is my build plan:

1. Remove existing FA batteries and bolt Seaboard High Density Polyethylene Sheet over top of the battery tray.

2. Utilize existing Delta-Q QuiQ 922-4852-E6 onboard charger and have it reprogrammed to a lithium profile. This allows me to utilize the chargers built-in downconverter for my existing accessories.

3. Install seven battery Nissan Leaf pack.

4. Install BMS with HV and LV cutoff with a 20% - 80% SOC target.

5. Connect the BMS to DSDP Relay to control the HV and LV cutoff.

a. The DSDP Relay will be connected to the interrupted black wire (AC hot) where it goes to the AC socket that the onboard charger plugs into to control the HV cutoff.

i. Connect a 12 guage red wire from the + terminal of lithium cell 14 to the + terminal on the relay coil.

ii. Connect a 12 guage black wire from the C- on the BMS to the – terminal on the relay coil.

iii. Cut black AC Hot wire between the AC input socket and onboard charger and connect side closest to the AC input socket to NO (Normally Open) on the relay with 12 guage wire.

iv. Connect 12 guage wire to Com (Common) on the relay and connect it to the other side of spliced black AC Hot wire closest to the onboard charger.

b. The DSDP Relay will be connected to the interrupted yellow wire from the throttle encoder to control the LV cutoff

i. Cut yellow wire from the throttle encoder and connect it with 16 guage wire to NO (Normally Open) on the relay.

ii. Connect 16 guage wire to Com (Common) on the relay and connect it to the other side of the spliced yellow wire connected to the controller.

iii. Connect NC (Normally Closed) on the relay to the black wire.

6. Install two guage cables to the positive and negative terminals

a. Connect positive cable to the solenoid and install a 300Amp ANN fuse inline.

b. Connect negative cable to the golf cart controller.

I welcome everyone's feedback and will inevitably have several questions I would like to clear up prior to starting the project.
bernito is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2019, 11:21 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: New EZGO 2Five Lithium Conversion

What BMS are you planning on using?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:04 PM   #3
bernito
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
What BMS are you planning on using?
I read Bob's most recent build and selected the same BMS he used on his most recent build.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BMS PCB High Power Charger Diagram.jpg (118.2 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt ChinaBMS.txt (7.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-09-2019, 10:56 AM   #4
bernito
Not Yet Wild

I am having my existing Delta-Q QuiQ 922-4852-E6 onboard charger reprogrammed to a lithium profile and am trying to decide which would be better:

1. Profile #53 with a 58.392V cutoff; or
2. Profile #163 with a 57V cutoff?

I will also be using a BMS with a relay to ensure the HV cutoff happens in the . event of a charger error / failure.

Is it preferable to have the charger cutoff below the desired 57.4V (80% SOC) using profile #163 or have the BMS cut off the charger before it hits the 58.392V using profile #53?
Old 04-12-2019, 09:47 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernito View Post
After fits and starts and months of research, I am finally going to embark on my 2014 EZGO 2Five lithium conversion. Thank you to all the forum members who have, and hopefully will continue to, answered all of my newbie questions. I have purchase nearly everything and here is my build plan:

1. Remove existing FA batteries and bolt Seaboard High Density Polyethylene Sheet over top of the battery tray.

2. Utilize existing Delta-Q QuiQ 922-4852-E6 onboard charger and have it reprogrammed to a lithium profile. This allows me to utilize the chargers built-in downconverter for my existing accessories.

3. Install seven battery Nissan Leaf pack.

4. Install BMS with HV and LV cutoff with a 20% - 80% SOC target.

5. Connect the BMS to DSDP Relay to control the HV and LV cutoff.

a. The DSDP Relay will be connected to the interrupted black wire (AC hot) where it goes to the AC socket that the onboard charger plugs into to control the HV cutoff.

i. Connect a 12 guage red wire from the + terminal of lithium cell 14 to the + terminal on the relay coil.

ii. Connect a 12 guage black wire from the C- on the BMS to the – terminal on the relay coil.

iii. Cut black AC Hot wire between the AC input socket and onboard charger and connect side closest to the AC input socket to NO (Normally Open) on the relay with 12 guage wire.

iv. Connect 12 guage wire to Com (Common) on the relay and connect it to the other side of spliced black AC Hot wire closest to the onboard charger.

b. The DSDP Relay will be connected to the interrupted yellow wire from the throttle encoder to control the LV cutoff

i. Cut yellow wire from the throttle encoder and connect it with 16 guage wire to NO (Normally Open) on the relay.

ii. Connect 16 guage wire to Com (Common) on the relay and connect it to the other side of the spliced yellow wire connected to the controller.

iii. Connect NC (Normally Closed) on the relay to the black wire.

6. Install two guage cables to the positive and negative terminals

a. Connect positive cable to the solenoid and install a 300Amp ANN fuse inline.

b. Connect negative cable to the golf cart controller.

I welcome everyone's feedback and will inevitably have several questions I would like to clear up prior to starting the project.
I would try pulling the throttle (yellow) low to black with a resistor (something between 20k and 50K so the pull to low is instant as soon as the throttle is interrupted. You only have 0.4 second for the relay to fully transition before a throttle wiper error occurs and is logged in the permanent error log.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:11 PM   #6
bernito
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I would try pulling the throttle (yellow) low to black with a resistor (something between 20k and 50K so the pull to low is instant as soon as the throttle is interrupted. You only have 0.4 second for the relay to fully transition before a throttle wiper error occurs and is logged in the permanent error log.

Bob
I removed my onboard charger and sent it in to be reprogrammed to a lithium profile today. I also removed the batteries and took them to be recycled.

I am not 100% sure in 5.b.iii. which black wire I should connect to relay NC (Normally Closed) for the LV cutoff. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:08 AM   #7
bernito
Not Yet Wild

Here are the initial photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6993.jpg (278.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6996.jpg (219.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6994.jpg (140.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-16-2019, 09:25 PM   #8
bernito
Not Yet Wild

Battery tray removed and seaboard cut and installed. Working on aluminum enclosure to hold battery pack, BMS and DSDP relay.

My relay has .187" (4.75mm) male Faston terminals. Does anyone know if .187 female Faston quick connects are made that work with 12 AWG wire? I can only find ones that work with 14 AWG and above and do not think .250 female Fastons quick connects will be tight enough to work with .187 male Faston terminals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7001.jpg (292.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7006.jpg (84.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-20-2019, 12:16 PM   #9
bernito
Not Yet Wild

Finally got back to working on my conversion. The aluminum battery box has been fabricated, the pack assembled and the bms wiring completed and tested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7096.jpg (158.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7097.jpg (194.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-20-2019, 12:38 PM   #10
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looking good. Those are some serious end plates!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO