lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
Msufn58
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 txt shuttle 48volt wiring?

Hello i recently purchased a 2005 txt 48volt shuttle cart with a Curtis 1264-5407 controller. I know it has a few bad batteries. I have substituted the bad ones and am getting no movement from it, I noticed the status light is flashing in a series of 2,5 which comes up VDD fault. Any one have insight on a issue like this. Also looking to see where I might find a wiring diagram for this cart.
Msufn58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 txt shuttle 48volt wiring?

Here you go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ST400 48V Sepex.jpg (214.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:45 PM   #3
Msufn58
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much, is it ok to wire in series 4 12volt batteries to test the system before I purchase new batteries? Also I have pulled the solenoid and I tested it, and appears bad. Do I have to replace it with the exact same or are there any suggestions on a new one.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:51 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It has to be rated for 48v, and has to be rated for continuous duty. I think those were originally equipped with a "white-rodgers" solenoid, and those were pretty good, but expensive. Here's a cheaper alternative that is rated slightly higher for amps, and is significantly cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/Solenoid-Trom...70_&dpSrc=srch
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:24 PM   #5
Msufn58
Not Yet Wild

I have been doing a little testing on this since I have got it, according to information I have pulled from Google I should have continuity across the small terminals on the solenoid, Which I do not. When it was all hooked up with what charge it had when I got it all the terminal had power on the solenoid. Unhooked it and it had no continuity across any. Now everything is disconnected I tried to test the motor while connected to axle a1,f1 to positive and a2,f2 to negative, it just arcs. I also lastly checked continuity across a1,a2 and it has continuity and the same for f1,f2. Should it have continuity across these post while unhooked from everything?
Old 07-12-2018, 10:53 PM   #6
Msufn58
Not Yet Wild

Ok after further reading and testing with a fully charged battery I connected the f1 to battery positive and f2 to battery negative and then introduced a1 to B+ and a2 to B- and was able to get the motor to rotate forward then swapped a1 with a2 and had reverse. Which leads me to my next question is there some way to test the controller before I purchase one, I guess I'm not sure what else to Check with out throwing a bunch of costly parts at it.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:21 AM   #7
Msufn58
Not Yet Wild

Shouldn't one of the two solenoid activating terminals be a constant ground, on the controlled end it is pin 17 blue and pin 5 yellow?
Old 07-14-2018, 11:50 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The Curtis 1264 controller supplies both B+ (Yellow wire) and B- (Blue wire) to the solenoid coil. Other types and models of controller do things differently, so one side of the solenoid coil might be connected directly to B- in other type drive systems.

As for the conductivity between the solenoid's small terminals:
What is located between those two terminals is a long piece of thin wire wrapped around a hollow tube to make an electromagnet. The holding current is typically about 1A, so the Ohmic value of the coil is approximately the same as the rated voltage, only in Ohms. That means you should measure in the general vicinity of 48Ω between the two small terminals since you have a 48V system.

As for the motor:
The Ohmic value between A1 & A2 will probably be 1Ω or less.
The Ohmic value between F1 & F2 will probably be 1Ω to 3Ω.
The Ohmic value between the A studs the F studs should infinity (Open)
The Ohmic value between A studs or F studs should be 5 Megohms or more.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:33 PM   #9
Msufn58
Not Yet Wild

I had battery positive coming from both terminals pin 17 and 5 shouldn't one be ground then. Seems this would indicate a speed controller fault, correct? This was without any throttle also.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:10 PM   #10
Msufn58
Not Yet Wild

Ang insight? Should B- be constant or supplied by controller?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO