lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2017, 09:26 AM   #1
jkief21
Not Yet Wild

Default Guidance on replacing driver side rear axle 2008 YDRE

Need some guidance on replacing the driver side rear axle on my 2008 YDRE. Lost forward movement with a grinding coming from rear end. Took rear wheel off and found the nut holding the hub on was loose. As I take the hub off I notice that part of the hub is stripped out where it moved toward the outside of the cart. I have ordered a hub, but preplanning in case the new hub won't "grab" the splines of the existing axle. I can't find any how to instructions or videos, and am new to electric carts or tearing into them. Anyone done this before and willing to explain the process or point me in an instructional direction???
jkief21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2017, 05:27 PM   #2
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Default Re: Guidance on replacing driver side rear axle 2008 YDRE

There is a snap ring that holds the axle shaft in the housing. It is behind the hub.
Hopefully the new hubs works fine. The axles are very expensive.
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
jkief21
Not Yet Wild

Ok, so if I take the snap ring off that is at the point on the shaft where the bearing is, it just slides out? Seems easy enough, was hoping I didn't have to disassemble the whole rear end.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:54 PM   #4
jkief21
Not Yet Wild

Wanted to post a pic of where I think your talking about but I can't cause I haven't been a member long enough. haha **** it
Old 10-13-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

If you pull the axle out, you must be VERY CAREFUL putting the axle back in so you don't nick the axle seal. If you do, youll have a leak and you be getting to know your cart a whole lot better.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle replacement
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha