lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2015, 09:50 AM   #1
devybob
Gone Wild

Default Cart slowed down after repair

After finally getting my cart running again I can only go about 18 mph.To some that seems good but my cart did 29mph before the repair. I installed a new solenoid and new pds adapter harness.I believe the problem is that I only get about 19 volts between M- and B- at full throttle and I should get full pack voltage( 44.4 volts). What is the reason I can't get full voltage to my motor?

2005 42 volt Western golf cart
alltrax 400 DCX controller
SW 180 solenoid
2 gauge cables
devybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2015, 11:26 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart slowed down after repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by devybob View Post
After finally getting my cart running again I can only go about 18 mph.To some that seems good but my cart did 29mph before the repair. I installed a new solenoid and new pds adapter harness.I believe the problem is that I only get about 19 volts between M- and B- at full throttle and I should get full pack voltage( 44.4 volts). What is the reason I can't get full voltage to my motor?

2005 42 volt Western golf cart
alltrax 400 DCX controller
SW 180 solenoid
2 gauge cables
I replied to this question in your other thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...rt-dont-2.html

Here's a cut and paste from my post over there:

5. The test points and the expected results are mixed up.
The test points are B- to M-. This will give you a positive voltage reading while going from M- to B- will give you a negative voltage reading. This is a minor point since the numbers will be the same except for the polarity sign, but we try to stay with positive voltages readings so people that don't understand polarity don't get as confused.

The expected results between B- to M- is full pack voltage (44.4V) with pedal up and 0.0V with pedal on floor.

On the other hand, the expected results when you measure between M- and B+ is 0.0V with pedal up and full pack voltage (44.4) with pedal on floor.

Since you only got 19V with pedal on floor, you didn't get the expected results for either set of test points, so something is amiss and more troubleshooting is needed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO