lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #1
bmph8er
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default wont crank

I have a 2012 gas club car ds. I never once had a problem with it now all the sudden its not wanting to crank. theres times the relay will click over theres times it wont. if you jump the relay with a screw driver it will crank over and run at times. it doesn't seem to wanna start as easy as before but I also cant hardly touch the gas peddle while jumping the relay. anyway anyone have any ideas what to start with? I tired swapping the relay with a starter relay my buddy had at the camp site and it didn't seem to help at all. please help thank you
bmph8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2015, 02:19 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: wont crank

Start with the simple things, all connections clean and tight, battery fully charged?
Is the drive clutch opening?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:42 PM   #3
bmph8er
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

yes to all of them. battery was a little low so we charged it over night and didn't help anything. im changing the starter relay tomorrow with the correct one see if that helps anything
Old 07-21-2015, 08:31 PM   #4
bmph8er
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

update charged all night, changed starter relay, and not doesn't even click. I jumped the relay started it and then turned it off with the key. so I know the key switch is good. what else is there? could it be the micro switch there that clicks when u hit the gas pedal?
Old 07-21-2015, 10:01 PM   #5
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

It could be, I would get your volt meter and start at the solenoid and work your way back. Lift the starter side cable off the solenoid and put a brick on the gas. work your way back till you find 12v and that would be it.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:55 PM   #6
mrlmd
Gone Wild

Check your battery voltage, you may have a bad, dead battery. A fully charged battery should read 12.6-12.8V. Just because you had it n a charger all night doesn't mean it's any good.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:12 PM   #7
bmph8er
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

the top microswitch in the box behind the starter relay. changed it and everything is good to go.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car