lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #1
Dreeves
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Duel Batterys

I'm sure this has been asked before but search found nothing. My question is can I put 2 Batterys in the cart with a switch like my boat. Will the charging system handle charging both? I am building a shuttle and want to put a radio along with other items don't want to get stuck after a day on the beach.

Dave
Dreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2015, 08:02 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Duel Batterys

It has been covered before but, short answer is yes you can. The generator puts out around 14 volts. I explored this a little myself and decided that when I do a dual battery I'm going to install an isolation relay that will automatically switch between batteries. That way the one with the lowest voltage won't pull down the other one.

Something like this:
http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/ve...cfRxoCrHPw_wcB

search the forum for dual battery and you will find many threads about that setup
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:16 PM   #3
Dreeves
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Sccowboy, I knew it was but my search did not find the thread. Thanks for the quick response. I did see a setup for 2 Batterys that isolates them. I will look into that.

Dave
Dreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:19 PM   #4
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Gotcha, I saw one a while back but it may have been before the server crash and not been restored. I think if you use one of those type isolators you will probably be ok.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO