lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2019, 08:48 PM   #1
Malisk
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Chargery BMS16 Relay Connections

Looking for someone to clarify if I can wire the HV and LV relays directly to the Chargery BMS? Not 100% sure how the Chargery BMS controls the relay and I don't want to destroy the BMS by connecting it wrong. The diagram shows the black and red wires from he BMS connected directly to the relay. Is this correct?

Cheers
Malisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2019, 06:37 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Chargery BMS16 Relay Connections

The Chargery web site http://www.chargery.com/BMS16.asp shows a connection diagram for a BMS16 and a BMS16-V2.

Which one do you have?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:59 AM   #3
Malisk
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I currently have the BMS16. I have looked at the diagrams and they both look to me like they are directly connected. I do notice that MY BMS16 says the output will be pack voltage (48v) where the V2 says it will be 12V.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:43 AM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malisk View Post
I currently have the BMS16. I have looked at the diagrams and they both look to me like they are directly connected. I do notice that MY BMS16 says the output will be pack voltage (48v) where the V2 says it will be 12V.
Is that the BMS16T or just the BMS16? The BMS16 is a different product, and does not manage the cell voltages. Essentially it is just a battery monitor. The BMS16T is a more recent product release that does manage the cells. Maybe this is the cause of confusion?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:33 AM   #5
Malisk
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This is what I have

http://www.chargery.com/doc/Chargery...tion_V1.16.pdf

I'm not confused about my product just want to make sure I am correctly connecting the relays.

The cost of a new BMS is a little more than I want to spend again if i screw it up...if ya know what i mean
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car