lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
HDPwolf
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default primary clutch on G2

I noticed strange noise and vibration at low speed, rpms, did some checking and found I had one of the weights break on the primary clutch, didn't do any damage to rest of clutch. But looking at about $160 or more for Clutch kit, (weights, shafts, shims, seals, ect.) to do it right, seems alot of$$$ for what it is.. Thinking maybe just replace the broken weight, and shaft and go with it for now, and later get a new primary clutch, been looking at some of the comet clutches some of the site sponors are offering, and was wondering if any of you have one and what you think of it. this clutch would be for a G2 Yamy
HDPwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

Default Re: primary clutch on G2

you can go the cheep way and get a used clutch and just take the parts you need. also i think you can buy the weights and other parts sepretly instead of in a kit.

i've driven a g16 with a comet clutch in it and it's fun! nice burnouts and lets you idle a bit too. but they arn't really cheap.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
HDPwolf
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: primary clutch on G2

Thanks for the input Sabercat, mostly intersted about the comet clutch, been looking at clutches on line with a wide range of $$$, some clutches show with plastic weights, so guess I trying to learn more about the clutches, what to look for and what to stay away from. So hoping for some more input on these from the experts out there, And yes for now just doing the one weight, but still looking to upgrade or replace current clutch
HDPwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha