lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2021, 05:04 PM   #1
Bluecart96
Not Yet Wild

Default 625VC Cuts out at wide open

Hello,
I have a 96 Ezgo that I installed a VC 625 in a few months ago and since I installed it, it will start cutting out like its out of fuel after a good run at wide open. It will restart and go about the same distance and cut out again. At first I thought it was vapor lock so after 3 times rerouting the fuel lines and 3 different fuel pumps I installed a holley pump with a return line. Still having the same issue. Do most of you guys have tachs on these things? I'm wondering now if I'm just hitting the revlimiter and its shutting it down. I mainly built it to push my race car. Max speed was 27 mph last night before it shut down.

Any help appreciated,

Bruce
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 65385209949__504FC8DC-F093-4E9E-B18E-42170D484C99.jpg (109.6 KB, 0 views)
Bluecart96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2021, 02:28 PM   #2
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 625VC Cuts out at wide open

You may be "over" fueling on the top end. What does the plug look like? Ive run mine right up against the 4000 rpm limiter and never felt like it was cutting out, just wouldnt rev anymore. And yes a tach is a good idea, always.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 01:15 PM   #3
Bluecart96
Not Yet Wild

I actually figured it out this weekend. It was running out of fuel due to the return dumping too much fuel to the tank. I installed a restriction in the return line and its running great. I'm sure the carb could use some work, but with the factory tire size and stock gears it revs high quick.
Bluecart96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:09 PM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Pretty much the same set up I am running except mine is a heavily modded VC 460 with the 625 carb with both adjustable jets on both the main and idle circuits. Again I have the Holley 12-426 pump with 5/16 fuel lines with a restricted return line. The restriction has an 1/8" bore in it.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:05 PM   #5
Shieldzee
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I was having the same issue, unhook your low oil sensor and give it a try. My oil level was good but for some reason it kept cutting out until I unhooked it. I should replace mine but I do check the level regularly.
Shieldzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!