lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #1
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 03 TXT PDS taking the weekend off too

I have an 03 TXT PDS with an Alltrax XCT400PDS controller (Great improvement, thanks ScottyB for the help).
I put in a new light switch with toggle in TOW and when I tried it the back up alarm didn't work. Put back in TOW and found I must have bumped a connector off the alarm. Put it back together and now I have nothing. No solenoid click and I tested for power at the key and have none. No blinking lights (or any light for that matter) on the controller either.
Could I have bumped off another connection or is the controlled toast? What are the tests to determine this? I tried to search the posts but didn't find the info I needed. Was hoping to enjoy the cart this weekend.
Thanks
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 TXT PDS taking the weekend off too

Check for battery pack voltage on the small wire coming out of the charge receptacle. This wire connects to the reed switch in the charge receptacle and to J1 Pin-4 at the controller end.

This voltage then goes out of controller on J3 Pin-3, through Run/Tow switch, back into controller on J3 Pin-4, through controller and out to keyswitch on J1 Pin-9.

(On a stock PDS controller, the voltage goes to F/R switch before it gets to the keyswitch, but Alltrax rerouted it in the XCT)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #3
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Will do. As a follow up, I just came back from it and checked the voltage at the run/tow switch and it has power. Hooked the laptop to it and I get no signs of life. The computer seems to power up the controller but I am not getting any signs it is working.
Thanks
Old 09-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The XCT electronics power up via the USB from the laptop, but it has to be turned on via the normal switches to actually run the cart.

On the monitor screen, you can verify if the keyswitch, F/R switches, pedal switch are working (or at least sensed by the XCT) and if HPD is satisfied. Also tells you if it thinks a charger is connected.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:59 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

In the toolkit program select the monitor screen and observe the throttle progress bar move up to 100% with the pedal, yes or no?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:08 PM   #6
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I got no readings like F/R switch position or throttle position and such. I think voltage was the USB at a few volts.
I am a little confused (easy for me ) I get the J1 plug but it looks to me J3 is the USB? I am looking at the diagram as I may not get back out to it today.
I assume it is C3 of the J1?
Thanks again!
Old 09-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Ooooops, Alltrax doesn't use the same J#'s. Replace the "J" with a "C" in what I posted above and it will match the XCT labeling.
Old 09-02-2018, 02:59 PM   #8
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Got it! Thanks. After I replied I realized I could just trace them back on the diagram.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:54 PM   #9
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, got a chance to check the voltage. Does battery voltage on 3 out of 4 count???
The first 3 had battery voltage and the C-1 Pin 9 had nothing I hoped I wouldn't find. I assume this means controller?
Old 09-03-2018, 12:23 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegarex View Post
OK, got a chance to check the voltage. Does battery voltage on 3 out of 4 count???
The first 3 had battery voltage and the C-1 Pin 9 had nothing I hoped I wouldn't find. I assume this means controller?
Disconnect C1 and check Pin-9 (and the rest of the Pins) it might not be making good contact.

Also, check C1 Pin-8 for voltage. The voltage might go out to the keyswitch on Pin-8 and return on Pin-9 instead of the other way around like it does on a stock PDS controller. (Alltrax did make some changes in the activation circuit. IE, the XCT controller powers up when the key is turned on, with a stock controller you had to have a direction selected on the F/R to get voltage to keyswitch.)

If no voltage on Pins 8 or 9, contact Alltrax. They will help you determine if XCT is bad or not and it might be under warranty.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO