lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
Quinn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Roll-able welding table

I wanted a portable welding table at home for years now. Something that is self contained yet heavy enough to use for slightly bigger stuff. So had some free time today and got this done, the top, the bottom is almost done to.
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2014, 12:10 AM   #2
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Roll-able welding table

Be sure to show more pics once your done with it. I'm looking at building a portable welding table as well.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #3
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Good start. We have a rolling table in the shop and I hate it. Can't do any kind of real work on it without it wanting to move. two casters are fixed and two pivot. Even with them locked the table still feels loose and you can't bind down on anything. My dad ended up making a 4x4 table out of 1/2" plate for the top to replace the rolling one. A good table will be heavy with a lot of mass. We use the rolling table now as a tool table to move around with us.

My next table will be one with the holes drilled in a square pattern for clamps.
MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
RobCons
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My table is a 4x8 sheet of 3/8" plate. Frame is 1/4" 2x2 tube. I put two fixed steel casters on one end, adjustable leveling bolts and a swiveling trailer jack on the other end. When I need to move it I just use the jack to pick it up and roll it around then set it back down on its feet. Should have used rubber casters and rubber headed bolts for the feet. When pulling hard to bend material it tends to slide on the concrete. I tie it to a post.
RobCons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:02 AM   #5
Quinn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I want something I can put workable stuff on. Storage for metal, also house my welder and tank. A vice on it, but not looking to use it to bend metal on. Something I can pull out for the project phase and put away when not in use. I can see what your getting at though on a solid non-moving table though. Might have to rethink the wheel design.

Got the bottom done tonight, the outside frame that is. Got to engineer a way it to make it lower to its feet yet be able to move around freely by raising the wheels.
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #6
RobCons
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Raising it to move is the purpose of the trailer tongue jack with a swivel wheel.
RobCons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #7
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The biggest factors are weight,and the type of casters.We had a table at the fab-shop where I worked that weighed atleast 1500-1800lbs.on wheels.It wouldnot move no matter what,unless you unlocked the casters,which were steel.Then you could roll it around, like it weighed 3-400 lbs.This table was 4'x8' with a framed top,with 1/4" plate welded to it,the main frame was all 1/4" rectangle and square tube,about 5". We used to set milk tanks/water tanks on it off of fire trucks,and it still rolled very easy.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #8
brooklyn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i like the jack idea

I have 2 -4 x 8 welding tables 3/4 thick plate on them one has 6- 3x3 x1/4 wall tube legs with angle around the base . The other has casters and it takes two people to move it also.
brooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:04 PM   #9
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had an old job box I wasn't using, cut the back out of it, put in a 2" receiver tube for a vice I mounted on a hitch. Looking for a 3'x4' sheet of SS to put on the top of it. With the back cut out I store the chop saw and other misc. Tools and don't have to take everything off the top to access it.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #10
brooklyn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

nice
brooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop