lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2014, 04:39 AM   #1
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Default New problem in shop/garage

I have a new problem developing since I purchased our electric golf cart. Sometimes when we charge the batteries overnight our CO detector goes off in our 1100 sg ft shop/garage. That alone is not a problem EXCEPT it calls our monitoring station and sets off the outside siren at early morning hours.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Leaving the garage doors open during the night would be an invitation to thieves to steal our tools etc...

Any advise would be appreciated.

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2014, 06:58 AM   #2
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New problem in shop/garage

is the garage attached to the house or is it detached. I don't recall the codes exactly but I don't think you are required to have a co2 sensor in a detached residential garage.
branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:26 AM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

They usually don't put them in garages just for the reason that there are so many things that can set them off.I would have that loop bypassed,or maybe even put it on a switch that you can manually cut that loop when needed, if it can't be turned on/off easily thru the control-panel.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:44 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Depending on how the system was wired, it may be part of the fire or burglar loop. Either way you should be able to put in a bypass switch with some tinkering. May require a resistor to fool the system into thinking it is still there. However, if it is code required you may have to figure out other options.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:51 AM   #5
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Its digital with tamper. I am mounting the base on a removable platform which when I charge batteries over night I will just remove and put back when charge is complete. Putting a note on charger end to remind. Good thing it doesn't have GPS, I have gotten to know the girl on the monitoring side pretty well since they call on everything including tamper. :-)

Thanks

M
Old 04-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Digital? You mean wireless? If so your plan is good to go
Old 04-19-2014, 09:21 AM   #7
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

It has a digital code to enable or disable. Have to enter setup and program. Not worth the time

M
Old 04-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I'm lost, the sensor has a code or the panel? The sensor may have a tamper but you can always wire an external switch.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:48 AM   #9
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Sorry to be so confusing. The sensor has a code to enable it or disable it in the panel. My point was it is not worth going through all the programming to enable or disable detector. Removable mount is complete works great.

Thanks,

M
Old 04-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #10
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Find out if the CO2 sensor is on its' own loop,separate from the other C02,sensors and the security sensors.If the Co sensor is independent,disable the loop in the panel.Ive never heard of a CO2 sensor in a garage before,because of the fact that cars are running there,and a extra sensitive sensor would trip easily.You may also be able to have the sensitivity turned down,that may help too.Have the alarm company test the CO level in the garage when charging,and then they can set the threshold of the sensor above that level.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop