lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default ScottyB is truly THE MAN!!!

Yeah….really….Like "THE GUY"!!!

A month ago I bot the Super Duty Reversing Contactor from ScottyB and received it all well and good. Of course, it was hunting season and I had replaced my existing heavy duty F\R switch just this past July. (I know as I had the date marked on the black cover.) Well, as it goes, on the first day of Pa's. rifle deer season….my F\R switch board just melted when I was scouting the day before opening day. Grrrrr. I was 3 hours away from home…..and you know….when was the last time you had a "convenient" break down?

So, I read the instructions, plus the other directions Scotty provided on another post here…..and WHA-LA……It worked!!! (Now….that's saying a lot for a guy who is not an electrical type of person!!!)

But I now have FORWARD……and…..REVERSE!!!! I just got done and just tested it up on jackstands, but it all appears good!!

You….DA MAN ScottyB!!! http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Reversing_Contactors.html
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: ScottyB is truly THE MAN!!!

One question though…….I believe the solenoid's are suppose to engage (or close\contact) before I hit the "gas" peddle. Well, on my unit, that doesn't seem to be happening. For example, when I move the switch from N to F or R, the unit makes no noise that indicates the big solenoids close. (This is why the small wires…pos on top, and neg on bottom are there). However, when I depress the gas peddle I can hear the unit solenoid close, and the "main" controller solenoid close as well.

Obviously I have something not quite right….but it's working. I think an issue will occur if I "jump" on the peddle often. But since I'm the only driver….that won't happen. However, I'd like to DX it and get it right.

Thanks

Dave
Old 12-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's fine the way you have it. If you wire so its on all the time you may harm it by exceeding the duty cycle. Glad to hear its working.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO