lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Events and Places to ride
Events and Places to ride Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
BlackBerryHill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Coal Creek OHV

I recently located a trail park in Tennessee near Knoxville named Coal Creek Off Highway Vehicle Park. The website indicates that any off highway vehicle is welcome there, and riders choose what safety equipment to use on their vehicles and persons. Children under 18 yoa are required to wear helmets, and they are optional for adults. Land use fees are very reasonable considering the place has 100 miles of trails. Has anyone ever been to this park? I would like some info and opinions about the park. I may drive there for a day or two of riding while on vacation next summer. Is anyone interested in making a trip to this park sometime next summer? Website is coalcreekohv.com

Thanks,
Bryan
BlackBerryHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Coal Creek OHV

It has been a few years but at that time it had lots of dirt and gravel roads. You would have to be careful because some of their trails are rough, big rocks with steep banks and deep gullies. All a 4 X 4 ATV could stand.
It is a very nice place they had food and parts vendors, camping the whole big deal.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
BlackBerryHill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LURCH View Post
It has been a few years but at that time it had lots of dirt and gravel roads. You would have to be careful because some of their trails are rough, big rocks with steep banks and deep gullies. All a 4 X 4 ATV could stand.
It is a very nice place they had food and parts vendors, camping the whole big deal.
Thank you Lurch. My understanding is that there have been significant improvements throughout the facility over the last several years. I watched a YouTube video of a Kawasaki UTV and another unknown UTV travel several trails for 10 minutes, and neither seemed to have any difficulty in 2WD. There are some places that require fineseto get through the rocks, but mostly it looks possible for golf carts to travel the trails. CAW has some difficult places for carts to go, but during the recent trip there we impressed several Razr owners. Any other suggestions for trail locations are gladly accepted.
BlackBerryHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

All of these places have the trails marked very well as far as easy, moderate or difficult.
If I remember green is always easy and I think black was always the worst. I rode a 700 Polaris and it would take you places you wish you hadn't gone. I only got to ride for 5 years and it was aw sum !!!!!!!!! We went to most places to ride with in a couple hundred miles of home. Hope it all works out for you all.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
WW
Republica De Norte Cuba

Yamaha

My cart has been there, as well as some other forum members.

I have been there 3 times with my Jeep.

It is OK. Just to far of a drive in my old age.
WW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Events and Places to ride