lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 93 CC shocks - after cart shop lifted it - more un done work

Recently had the 93 cart worked on at local shop..new batteries (left off wire)...tires and 6" jake lift. I noticed that after the work on the cart was done that the back end was a little "spongey" and since I am not exactly twiggy (250 lbs.), I did notice alot of lean when I got in on the rear. This is what I found....passenger side shock is not connected. I assume it is suppose to be connected with the lift just like the driver side is connected. So now I am in the market for new back shocks and bushings. Any suggestions on what I need for a 1993 Club Car DS with a rear fold down seat and where to order them. Any tips on installing them would be appreciated also.

Just another cart shop blunder.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shock.jpg (95.4 KB, 43 views)
ETX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
mkernan
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 93 CC shocks - after cart shop lifted it - more un done work

I was wondering about shocks also. The stock ones are pretty boring. I did a search on ebay for 'cart shocks' and came up with a bunch of coil over shocks. I was thinking about taking the measurements and ordering one of those. Pretty inexpensive also.

Interested to hear some other opinions though.
mkernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETX View Post
Recently had the 93 cart worked on at local shop..new batteries (left off wire)...tires and 6" jake lift. I noticed that after the work on the cart was done that the back end was a little "spongey" and since I am not exactly twiggy (250 lbs.), I did notice alot of lean when I got in on the rear. This is what I found....passenger side shock is not connected. I assume it is suppose to be connected with the lift just like the driver side is connected. So now I am in the market for new back shocks and bushings. Any suggestions on what I need for a 1993 Club Car DS with a rear fold down seat and where to order them. Any tips on installing them would be appreciated also.

Just another cart shop blunder.....
Three stooges strike again!

Yep, it needs to be connected but there are hopefully bushings on the other side, and installed correctly. If so, you can see how this side should be. If you install a rear seat, you should put on heavy springs if you plan on loading it up. Just my opinion, others may differ. If I had it to do over, I would order the seat from Jakes. I didnt and regret it. Tried to save a few bucks. There are lots of choices out there however, again just my thought.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This is the drivers side. The rear seat was on it when I bought it 12 or more years ago and the springs have never been an issue. I am kinda on the mindset.."If it ain't broke"...and now that I am able to begin inspecting things, there seems to be a few broke things to fix first. If there is a "beefier" shock than the OEM out there I would be interested in installing them.

You know that really isn't anything more than laziness and not caring about your work to hook up one side and just leave the other hangin'...geeeeeeez!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shock2.jpg (72.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 02-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

If you paid for the work, why would you not expect the shop to correct their mistake and make it right?

I thought Club Car uses a round eye on the bottom of their shocks. The shock bracket in the pics show the 5/8" bolt that the shock slides onto but it looks as if they swapped shocks to use the stud type for some reason. And the one on the right/passenger side is installed upside down, bolt should be facing toward the back, not toward the motor.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you really need to tell this shop about these issues and then quit going there......whats that old saying...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yep! "Lessons learned are like bridges burned", is the old saying that comes to mind. It is time to just take my time and make repairs myself. It finally wasn't raining today and took it for a spin....To say I was disappointed would be putting it nice. Time not to get in a hurry and just try to do things myself and make sure it's done right. Not a patient person and not a mechanic or electrical engineer but "gonna give it a go". The cart was bought for my daughter several years ago and we had alot of fun riding it when she was a child. So I want to keep it and fix her up. I had plans of buying a classic car so I am going to make this project my "Barrett and Jackson" car ...I mean cart. Give me some time to come up with a plan and off I will go into the great unknown.......

Crash by the amount of dirt on the shocks they were the ones on the cart. In their defense I don't know if the shock wasn't like that to begin with, but I doubt it. (Yep they should have fixed it even if it was.) Again I don't know. Thanks for the info on it being upside down...I will fix that when I take the rear end apart and put new shocks and springs in. Hey there we go..part of the plan is already coming together!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

they should have at least told you about it......as for doing it yourself i really suggest you buy the service manual.............you won,t regret it and even more if your not sure what your doing........it walks you thur everything step by step and has all the diagrams for the elec. system ( everything )and all troubleshooting tables its the best money you,ll ever spend on the cart..........i promise you........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #9
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I downloaded a 160 page manual that the webite was shown on here by an individual. I looked online and they were being sold for "mucho denero". Yes they should have told me about the problems, but they didn't, which further confirms my decision not to have any more dealings with them. I did call and have them come out to my home and fix the wiring problem....and I am going to "re-fix" the "fix" they did. At this point (and the check has already cleared) being able to put any "pressure" on them to do repairs may be useless. So I will no longer have any business dealings with them. I feel that I am not a complete moron (some would argue that point), so I think I can conquer this project.... only time will tell who is correct..not use to taking baby steps doing anything, but I realize that this is one time I may need to....wish me luck! I am sure you will be seeing more posts in here from me in the near future. This is a great helpful website and we will just see how this ride pans out....if I get throw'd, just gotta get up and get back on.....if I can't make the next round I'll call calf rope and git some help....even if I have to load her up an take her to "another" cart doc! Have a great weekend y'all!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #10
crash12888
Gone Crazy

We see so many half projects for sale because someone "took to bigga bite!".
We have also had members sign on that didn't think they knew which end of a screwdriver to hold and turn out to be very proud of their upgrades and work.

Plan your repairs or upgrades in small stages, for one you won't have your cart up on jackstands for months at a time and also you won't get overwhelmed.
I agree with the manual, put it the throne room for quiet reading when you brush up on projects.
Biggest thing everyone here will tell you, do not hesitate to ask a question!
Make it fun and include family when you can.

One more very important thing to think about,
Make a special "golf cart" tool box or drawer with rubber dipped/coated wrenches and tools, you will not want to drop one across your battery compartment.

AND WE LIKE PICTURES!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car