lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: golf cart lift platform

Thinking outloud... why not use an open middle two U shaped ramp style deck? The whole center would be open for better access? Looks good.

One ramp fixed the other could slide a few inches for a width adjustment?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #22
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

THATS What I'm Thinking Scottyb Open In The Middle. I Don't Need A Bike To Fit On It Anyways
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I even thought so far as to think the center sections of the ramps could be popped out if needed once lifted or...problem is making it fit as many carts as possible...Start measuring cart footprints. Hey maybe you can ask the guys here to measure their carts and we can get a big picture of lifted / stretched and stock footprints...
Old 04-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #24
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

lol i dont think i need a lift that big
Old 04-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #25
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Wow this is a pretty interesting thread!

I totaly agree with you groundpounder.. im sick of working on carts on the ground, and need something to give these carts a lift. Ive actualy started working on my cart lift with one of my friends.. well geting the parts anyways.. this is what ive picked up. i hope they are strong enough. they should be. Slighty dusty.. i used the air solinoids from my monster project when i decided not to put air suspension in it

We use them all the time on the assembly lines at the company i work at for my intern job. We design assembly lines for the big 6 auto manufacturers. mainly large/small welding stations and such. And they use these all the times for a whole bunch of applications. Some small air cylinders, some large. I think that 2 of them should have around 1500lb of force at around 80 psi.. so it should work.. just experimenting.

As for the frame, i have yet to mock one up. but will soon.
What a coincidence that we are both thinking the same thing

wow ive been away for such a long time.. hey everyone!
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:13 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Monster, Hey, those are looking good. Can anyone buy those? 4 how much and where? 1500 psi should be more than enough to work a scissor type lift.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #27
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Monster, Hey, those are looking good. Can anyone buy those? 4 how much and where? 1500 psi should be more than enough to work a scissor type lift.

Hey Scottyb.
Those type of pneumatic air cylinders should not be to hard to find. Yes, many places make them avalable to everyone, not just companies. Up here in canada theres a farmer/industrial store called "princess auto", which is somewhat similar to TSC tractor supply co. that they have in the US, and they should beable to get these type of air cylinders. Although i got mine through work, princess auto sells almost the exact same ones.

they arnt too expensive i dont think. the one i have is similar to the 2.5" bore... but the 3.2" would be the way to go they look much bigger, and should have more power!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #28
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

awesome make sure you post pics the cylinders should work great . and as scotty said were can you get them.. I'm interested in some..
Old 04-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #29
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Well as far as retail stores go.. Princess auto here in Canada is the place to get the stuff, they also sell all the regulators, solinoids, and exhaust mufflers. www.princessauto.com i would believe that they ship to the US also. You can use their mail order system.. but i just love going to their stores. we have one just about 20 min away in Barrie, Ontario. And its like a candy store of goodies and nicknacks. They have a section called 'surplus items" and they have things ranging from unique odds and ends from factory car radios, to caster wheels, to underglow, and fans and a whole bunch of cool stuff.
Kinda how like us canadians take a trip down to the US to visit Cabellas, and possibly Harbour Frieght, many Americans come up here to visit this store.

As for you guys who are looking for some.. i took a peak into ebay, and their seems to be alot. i just searched for air cylinder, and they had a bunch of them. if you do get one, be somewhat careful. dont buy a used one. After seeing what some of these cylinders go through in a factory enviroment. (we refurbish some old assembly lines as well; i dont deal with that side of things, i just cad/design the lines, but i see the lines when they come in, and they are in pretty rough shape). So just be aware when buying a used cylinder, chances are the seals are shot, and it wont hold air for long.

Something like this would be perfect http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1116%26fvi%3D1
festo are the main ones to get out there. if you were looking for parts, they are redily avalable..

This is funny. it sounds like we are building a jet plane, all high tech and stuff. "High Performance Alluminum Air Cylinders and stuff"

Anyways, that should get the ball rolling. I am planning on getting my steel in the next 3 weeks, and work on it bit by bit. lets keep eachother updated

Actualy on the topic about building materials. If i do build another one, ill be making it out of modular alluminum. it would be super light weight to cary around, and its super strong stuff, we use it all the times for machine frames and stuff, plus its modular. nice stuff, its a bit more expensive, but looks really nice, and you dont need to weld it. i have a peice of 80mm stuff in my room.. 1 min ill take a pic.. 80mm is overkill. i would go with 40-45mm bosch rexroth stuff.. its really nice.. and looks spaceage
Old 04-30-2008, 09:20 PM   #30
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

That previous flyer ad is from princess auto
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop