lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #21
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: welder?

OK, just so you won't think I was just being a $marta$$.

Here's a vid of one of my welders in action!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R7-KSNBOeY
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2008, 12:58 AM   #22
FireBall
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Snap On Offers Good Welders I've Got A Muscle Mig 250sl By Them Welds Anything You Can Possibly Think Of Never Had No Problems With It...Welding With CO2/Argon Mix And 11 Lb Roll Of 030 Solid Core Wire...They Are Rather Expensive Tho
FireBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:28 AM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
OK, just so you won't think I was just being a $marta$$.

Here's a vid of one of my welders in action!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R7-KSNBOeY

Holy smokes!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:32 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by phawn View Post
i have the lincoln 180 power mig its a 220v unit and the spool gun was only $150.00
and by changing the gas to 100% argon it welds aluminum great . i have less than $600.00 in everything bought it off ebay
There you go ! That's the newer one I wished I had. For the hobbyist with the will to learn this is a capable and versitle machine for the $ IMHO. Of course, I am not a professional like some of these guys are
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #25
wannabecartin2
Getting Wild

Club Car

OK..I might just be a girl..but I prefer Lincoln Welders and their consumables...

Haha, I might sound biased though, I used to work there and my hubby still does work there. He is a certified welder and currently works as a supervisor for their R&D welders and does the military/government testing (including traveling to the naval shipyards..sigh). He started off there as a welder on I believe their tig 255 line in the factory. He knows the quality that has to go into both their machines and their consumables.

But now that being said, for his 16th birthday (yes, he is a diehard welder, instead of asking for a car for his 16th, he asked for a welder) he got his first Lincoln stick welder (tombstone) and the thing won't die...but that has been many years ago and still welds like it's brand new.
wannabecartin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #26
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

(tombstone) LOL how many are standing in the corners of garages around the world with parts and old copies of popular mechanics stacked on top?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:14 AM   #27
wannabecartin2
Getting Wild

Club Car

LoL..ok, we call it tombstone but it is the AC 225. Actually we used to call them the tombstones at work too...so I don't know if I picked that up at the factory or from him...oh well lol but everyone knows which one you mean by that...and yes, there is one in many garages around the world.
wannabecartin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #28
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabecartin2 View Post
OK..I might just be a girl...
if you post some pics i'm sure we can help you figure this out. j/k

I've got an old Lincoln Pipeliner, it's a great welder but I do like my Miller Thunderbolt just as much.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #29
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I think the only way one of them was ever hurt was 150 foot 12g wire strung in the trees to shop/barn. WLS prairie farmer on the radio.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #30
geno1066
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Might as well throw my 2 cents in , been a welder most of my life but retired now,my home welder is a Millermatic 130XP 110 volt,it has given years of trouble free service, a 110 unit will handle about anything you could do to a golf cart and then some, food for thought, consider buying your bottle if you are planning to keep the welder around for a few years,compare the cost to renting or buying a bottle, buy a quality auto darkening hood,you usually get what you pay for in welding hoods. Good Luck
geno1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop