lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #11
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: welder?

I have a miller 250 synrowave square wave TIG, ac dc stick welder to sell, it has 1 tank of gas run used in it. I am not a welder and bought it so when I aske d to have some stuff welded up I didn't have to hear I'm out of gas, rod or what ever. I would like to get 2000.00 for it. I would consider a mig in trade. This is a brute so shipping would be a deal killer. I live in Il. about 2 hours SW of Chicago. That 140 looks like a nice unit.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #12
BIGDADDYJC1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I build boat docks and use a lincoln sp175 i believe is right 220 i have droped it in the lake before thats been over a year ago and its still going never had to do any repairs. I had a millermatic in the shop big rollaround welder and its a great welder also.
BIGDADDYJC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #13
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm in the welding supply business for our US government, I'd recommend Miller as the best out there and yes, Miller owns Hobart.

Always buy the best you can afford, this way you can't blame the equipment !
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #14
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is a misconception that Miller owns Hobart, they are owned by the same holding company so they use many of the same parts. They are both fine welders Hobart does run one of the best if not the best welding schools in the country in Troy, Ohio. To buy a welder would recomend a 220 welder as they are cheeper to run, and can weld thicker material than a 110.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:45 AM   #15
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Lowes carries Lincold 175's which are 220V machines. I am very happy with mine and have put it through the ringer. I do run Argon/CO2 gas and solid core wire which is a much better way to weld clean, control heat, and get better penetration that using no gas and flux core wire. Most machines come set up as arc welders with flux core.

I also have a Lincold Tigmate (I think) that a freind is storing at my house. Welding with tig is an amazing differences but harder to learn and not as versitile as mig. I have found many situations where I would rather tig, and get excited to use it. But once I get into the project I realize that mig is just more suited for the sitation.
AggressiveBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:53 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Lincoln now offers a model up from the 175 which takes a spool gun and allows aluminum welding......don't know the model #.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #17
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

215xt and 255xt I think. I'm going to see if I can retrofit my L-Tec with a spoolgun... If not I might have to buy a 215xt.
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:17 PM   #18
phawn
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

i have the lincoln 180 power mig its a 220v unit and the spool gun was only $150.00
and by changing the gas to 100% argon it welds aluminum great . i have less than $600.00 in everything bought it off ebay
phawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #19
Goat53
Gone Wild

I have a miller bobcat ( 2 cyl briggs on it ) that I like a lot ,also a miller 110 volt wire welder and a lincon 220 stick welder , the wire welder is hard for me to use and the lincoln only works well with big rods 6011's and 6013's the bobcat has better heat control than the others and I can use any rod , got to get me 1 to do aluminum with , some say the wire welder can do it with the right add on parts .
Goat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #20
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

My big welder can weld 3/8" thick mild steel at a rate of 40 feet per minute and do it continuously.

My medium welder can weld .150" thick at a rate of 60 feet per minute and do it continuously. It's a bit of a weenie.

My little welder? It can only do .090" thick BUT it makes up for it by doing this at about 200 feet per minute continuously.

pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop