Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
saddledance
Not Yet Wild

Default Dana Spicer Rear End??

I recently recieved an older cart frame with steering, wheels and rear end. Im trying to determine what differential I have and all i have is that it is a Dana Spicer 11 bolt with the following markings PAT 3905089 --- 12 18 82 ------820331 1 -----12:25-494 and an 8 83 does anyone know where i might find some info on this. or atleast a way i might be able to identify the manufacturer of the cart. the frame is steel tubing 1.750 O.D. it is 101" long and the rims are five bolt. if anyone could help it would be appreciated Ive spent two days now sifting through google looking for info to no avail.

Thanks
saddledance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Dana Spicer Rear End??

Sounds like a yamaha. Yamaha carts have round tube frames. The five bolt wheels throw a kink in the yamaha theory though. Pictures will help more.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #3
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Post a picture. Pictures are worth a thousand words and we like those better.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
saddledance
Not Yet Wild

alright these pictures are from earlier today and yesterday.

the second image was before i cut what i think was the floor pan. the first is after some work i did tonight this is a crappy closeup of the gear opened up

well if you need some more images lemme now and ill see what i have.
Thanks

sorry i thought the images would post right to the page not sure how to do that.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:44 PM   #5
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I have no idea what that is. If I were to guess, I'd say it's a Pargo...maybe.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:59 PM   #6
saddledance
Not Yet Wild

one other note is it had a front shell on it that resembled more of a truck front end than a typical golfcart (being short nosed) at any rate Im looking to get this into a driveable state again everything that i have on it seems fine the differential might need a new oil seal as it started leaking on me once i had it off. I would like to put a gas engine on this but am not sure how i want to tackle this. either pickup a crappy rider mower and steal the engine and tranny or take it back to battery. I like the gas engine idea as i think i will get better power for the money. im kinda stuck in a rut in determining what to do for a tranny as i would really like to have reverse in this. anyone have any pointers. this is my first small vehicle rebuild and i have no idea what type of options are out there for rebuilds and modifications.

thanks again
Old 10-28-2007, 09:48 PM   #7
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

The diff. looks like an EZGO or Cushman differential. It may be one of those industrial EZGO's used for moving heavy, large objects in warehouses.

As for a drivetrain, I have seen people use a 4-wheeler engine and tranny (with reverse) and use either a shaft or a chain to drive the input of the differential. I have also seen bike engines and trannys too. Just throwing ideas around.
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:27 AM   #8
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

looks like a parts picker, t-dunn etc....
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:29 PM   #9
saddledance
Not Yet Wild

I asked the guy who gave me this frame if he could find out who made it. so hopefully i can find something out, even with the ideas you all have thrown out i still cant locate it. nor the info on the differential. I really wouldnt need the info on the differential but the seal is shot and it would be nice to have a breakdown when i tear it apart. thanks for the info so far. just outta curiosity has anyone ever bolted a VW bug engine to a cart before. hehe
Old 10-30-2007, 10:46 PM   #10
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

I'm trying to remember the history lesson my father-in-law gave me, but one of the early golf cars used a automobile rear end, and they just cut the axles shorter.....
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts