lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2023, 08:09 AM   #1
Trenks
Not Yet Wild

Default Roy Pow vs Eco

I'm still trying to justify the cost of a Lithium conversion. Having said that I have narrowed it down to Roy Pow vs Eco Battery. Anyone have pros and cons regarding these two brands ?? Thank you.
Trenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2023, 08:26 AM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Roy Pow vs Eco

You will not regret going Lithium. I have had a Roypow since 2020 and cannot recommend them because I had trouble with them with a warranty issue. If I had to buy now, I would go with Eco.
Bama Brad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 08:33 AM   #3
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have no personal knowledge of the Roypow so am unable to comment on them. I have, however, been to Eco's shop (they are almost my neighbor) and met many of the guys; they are legit and genuinely nice people. I had built my own Lithium setup (which worked great) but have since switched to Eco.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:01 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have a buddy that has Roypow and I installed ECO for another buddy. Both are good. If I were going to buy a system instead of building one, I would go with ECO.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:13 AM   #5
Trenks
Not Yet Wild

Thx guys
Old 06-02-2023, 01:24 PM   #6
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenks View Post
I'm still trying to justify the cost of a Lithium conversion. Having said that I have narrowed it down to Roy Pow vs Eco Battery. Anyone have pros and cons regarding these two brands ?? Thank you.
Late to this, but those are designed for 2 different use cases.

RoyPow is a budget friendly unit designed for a stock controller cart. They make a P unit that can handle a basic controller upgrade. Not a bad brand and they have been around for many years now.

EcoBattery is built to handle more, with a more robust BMS that can manage up to 500 amps.

If you are planning to run an Alltrax or Navitas controller, go with the EcoBattery 105 or a Bolt 105.
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 06:03 AM   #7
Shanky
Not Yet Wild

Other than the long delayed App rollout, I am happy with my ECO 105.
Shanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 06:19 AM   #8
Trenks
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again for the replies. Can I use the Eco 105 for what I think is a stock cart ?? It might have the speed code upgrade though.
Old 06-06-2023, 06:53 AM   #9
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenks View Post
Thanks again for the replies. Can I use the Eco 105 for what I think is a stock cart ?? It might have the speed code upgrade though.
Yes
jasonojordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 11:39 AM   #10
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have a RoyPow and am very happy with it, I've installed a few Eco's for friends and they have worked out well. If I where to do it again I would Eco simply because I like the voltage meter better, that's the only reason.
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car