lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2024, 01:18 PM   #1
seefloyd
Not Yet Wild

Default Cloud Energy 48V 150ah

Not sure if anyone has seen this option:

https://cloudnewenergy.com/products/...f-cart-battery

The specs look good and it seems are comparable to other batteries out there. Just wondering if it would be worth the savings compared to others.

Technical Specification
Parameter Value
Nominal Voltage 51.2V
Nominal Capacity 150Ah
Energy 7680W
Standard Charge Voltage 58.4V
Discharge Cut-off Voltage 40V
Standard Charge Current 50A
Max. Charge Current 100A
Max. Constant Discharge Current 150A
Peak Discharge Current 300A @30s
Dimension 640*370*225mm 25.2*14.56*8.86in
Weight 57kg 125.66lb
Cycle Life 6000+cycles
Charge Temperature 0~60 °C
Discharge Temperature -20~ 60°C
Storage Temperature 10~ 45°C
seefloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2024, 01:42 PM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Cloud Energy 48V 150ah

Looks like they are using 1C cells and brute forcing their way to making the pack work for some cart applications by just having enough cells to handle the amp draw.

Even so 150a max continuous is fairly low. Price will determine if this is a viable choice for someone.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 02:14 PM   #3
seefloyd
Not Yet Wild

Got it, but saying the 150a max is fairly low is also admitting that the Big Battery Falcon Elite that you have is fairly low as it's a 150a max battery as well. You seem very happy with all I have read. Not trying to be jackass, but just trying to make sense of all these specs.
Old 01-24-2024, 03:56 PM   #4
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by seefloyd View Post
Got it, but saying the 150a max is fairly low is also admitting that the Big Battery Falcon Elite that you have is fairly low as it's a 150a max battery as well. You seem very happy with all I have read. Not trying to be jackass, but just trying to make sense of all these specs.
Correct it is fairly low. My cart is also fairly stock. Controller and that is it.

What I got would not be enough if the cart was lifted with bigger tires or a high hp motor.

I knew that getting what I got and I also accounted for it in the price I paid for the smaller range battery I got since both were not a issue for my application.

All I am saying is without a price being listed with these specs its difficult to say if they are good or not or even comparable.

If you want to base it off pack size 150ah you would be comparing to something like an offering from epoch. Compared to that battery all its specs are much worse then the epoch. So only way to justify what you have linked as having decent specs at that point is to throw price into the equation. If the battery is priced at 1/3 the cost of the epoch then you could say so the specs are good for the price. Get what I am saying?
Old 01-24-2024, 04:14 PM   #5
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Price I found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Cloudenergy-B...0BV27XFRP?th=1

If this is the battery you are referring here to then price weighting into things still would not make this battery have good specs in comparison in my mind. Not to mention the misleading marketing on the Amazon post stating in one of the marketing photos that max continuous is 300a then down in the notes saying oh never mind its actually 150a continuous 300a max for 10 seconds like the information you provided in your original post.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:28 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Everyone has the same sources for cells so if it's cheaper, they are using cheaper cells. Most of these cells were not designed for EV / golf cart use. Yes they work but the specs are marginal IMO.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 10:51 AM   #7
seefloyd
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the replies. Just trying to possibly find cheaper options out there. I just want to find the best battery for the price. It looks like I will most likely be spending more than I really wanted to.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha