lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2023, 08:14 AM   #1
cesiii
Not Yet Wild

Default BigBattery conversion

Has anyone used a battery for BigBattery.com? They have a 48V 61ah Falcon Elite that when you add a charger and some cables comes in around 1,500$. That about the same price as getting new lead battery.
Also if you use a code from some YouTube people who have tried them you can get 130$ off.
I only need to get round on the golf course so I think this battery will work fine. Do you think one battery is enough?
cesiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2023, 08:18 AM   #2
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: BigBattery conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesiii View Post
Has anyone used a battery for BigBattery.com? They have a 48V 61ah Falcon Elite that when you add a charger and some cables comes in around 1,500$. That about the same price as getting new lead battery.
Also if you use a code from some YouTube people who have tried them you can get 130$ off.
I only need to get round on the golf course so I think this battery will work fine. Do you think one battery is enough?
that 61ah battery should give you about the equivalent range as 90ah FLA batteries for comparison. You can discharge lithium safely to 20% charge without damage. for lead acid its about 50% so you get 30% extra capacity in the lithium setup.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 08:36 AM   #3
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

When I was on their website did I read that right the cables that come off the battery are 6ga?

That seems awfully small? I must be missing something?
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 08:43 AM   #4
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
When I was on their website did I read that right the cables that come off the battery are 6ga?

That seems awfully small? I must be missing something?
well 6awg is good for what 60 continuous amps in shorter runs? My cart shows about 20-23amps from the battery when cruising at 20 mph depending on the cart setup I think it would be ok..

I dont care for the fact that the big battery setups I looked at paired NMC voltage chargers with lower voltage lifepo4 cells and use the bms to regulate and cut off charging. a 16s lifepo4 pack should have at most, a 58.4v charger.
Old 03-16-2023, 08:47 AM   #5
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
well 6awg is good for what 60 continuous amps in shorter runs? My cart shows about 20-23amps from the battery when cruising at 20 mph
At cruising it may be fine but for any kind of offroad/hill use then you are certainly going to see more draw then that.
Old 03-16-2023, 08:59 AM   #6
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
At cruising it may be fine but for any kind of offroad/hill use then you are certainly going to see more draw then that.
Correct but for how long? cooking the often 60-80amp rated stock motor would also be a concern then too.
The 6awg wire in that type of enviroment at those lengths to the controller should be OK for passing more amps with heat buildup for shorter periods of time... Its not Ideal but OK unless we are talking a modified cart or use... curious, are these cables permanently attached to the battery.

Some of the old cables I pulled from stock carts seem more like 6wg than 4awg to me.
Old 03-16-2023, 09:07 AM   #7
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Correct but for how long? cooking the often 60-80amp rated stock motor would also be a concern then too.
The 6awg wire in that type of enviroment at those lengths to the controller should be OK for passing more amps with heat buildup for shorter periods of time... Its not Ideal but OK unless we are talking a modified cart or use... curious, are these cables permanently attached to the battery.

Some of the old cables I pulled from stock carts seem more like 6wg than 4awg to me.
No they use an Anderson plug on one end with ring terminals on the other so you can attach them to distribution block to feed power to where pack voltage needs to go.
Old 04-26-2023, 08:47 AM   #8
mtollin
Gone Wild

Quote:
No they use an Anderson plug on one end with ring terminals on the other so you can attach them to distribution block to feed power to where pack voltage needs to go.
Mind sharing one of those Youtube sites for the discount, or the code?
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:51 AM   #9
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollin View Post
Mind sharing one of those Youtube sites for the discount, or the code?
Coupon: fentertainment
Old 04-26-2023, 08:53 AM   #10
mtollin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Coupon: fentertainment
Thank you! Will look into Bigbattery
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha