lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2023, 10:40 AM   #1
tommydd831
Not Yet Wild

Default Dead Extreme team battery

So I went to use my cart yesterday after about 3 weeks of rain and wind to find it was dead. After reading a few blogs here I now know EC is belly up and sounds like the customer service is in the same boat. I installed a 48v 150ah battery about a year ago with no problems until now. I use the cart multiple times a week unless the weather gets bad like last month. We live in California on the coast so the temps stay above freezing and below 100 all year long. When I checked the volts with a meter I got almost nothing until I switched to 2000m. Not sure how this could go south so quickly and I'm guessing I need a new pack but thought I'd through this issue out to see if anyone had another idea. Thanks TommyD
tommydd831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2023, 10:46 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Dead Extreme team battery

It's likely that your BMS is shut down - and your cells may be low but ok. To check, you need to open the pack and check the 16 cells. Not knowing your BMS, I'm not sure how you get it to charge if that's the case. If your cells are not critically low, you can boost them up with a power supply to get the BMS back operating and then charge them with your normal charger. Worth a try. Since ET isn't going to help you, you are on your own here. You might have to replace the BMS if it's failed but first check the cells. If they are good, then it's worth learning how to replace the BMS.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 12:49 PM   #3
tommydd831
Not Yet Wild

So I'm guessing the top has to be removed. How do I check the cells once I've got them exposed?
Old 01-26-2023, 03:39 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Use a DVM. If you have no idea how to do this, get some help! You will have to dig into the case to get to the cells. I have not seen one of these apart so I can't tell you what you will be looking at. Take some Pix and post them - then we can help.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 05:21 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Silly question but have you plugged in the charger? I would think plugging in the charger should reset the BMS if it has shut down the pack, unless the pack was shut down for a fault
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 07:22 PM   #6
tommydd831
Not Yet Wild

It was plugged in all along but we had a storm which took out the GFI so I had that replaced and the cart has been plugged in now but the charger does not come on when I plug it in. There is power and it is an on board charger system so I'm confused why it's dead. Has been working fine for the last year or so up until now.
Old 01-26-2023, 07:29 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Possibly a totally different scenario with that knowledge. Please clarify… Was the cart plugged in during the storm?

Or did the storm damage the outlet that you normally plug the cart into and you replaced that outlet. If so have you tried a different outlet?
Old 01-26-2023, 07:34 PM   #8
tommydd831
Not Yet Wild

So not sure if the storm did the damage but the GFI would not reset so I had my contractor fix the line that the cart is on. Since it is outside it has a GFI. I have not tried another outlet but the one I have it plugged in on looks good and has a green light which I figured was live. I'll try another plug on a separate breaker. Hope this clarifies the situation.
Old 01-26-2023, 07:35 PM   #9
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

I would do a Bluetooth scan and see if either an ANT or Daly device pops up on your phone.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 07:35 PM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

So was the cart plugged in during the storm that damaged the outlet?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car