lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2022, 01:16 PM   #1
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 81 Club car DS steering

I have a 81 club car ds it doesn't have the rack and pinion has the old worm gear on it. I heard lifting cart with the old steering is impossible that it has to be changed over to rack and pinion. I have a gear box from another Club car and I am sure I would need the u joints, bracket to mount it and amother steering shaft. Anything else do you think I may need? Or will the old style work with a lift????

Thanks for the help
Deleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2022, 03:28 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 81 Club car DS steering

I’ve seen the entire front end with the steering rack (steering, knuckles, suspension, brackets, etc) on eBay for around 200 bucks. You may have to get the rag joint and steering column separate, I dont recall how the steering column ends in the older carts. But one of those setups should include almost everything you need, and it should just bolt in to the front of the frame with minimal modifications.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 08:14 PM   #3
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I swapped my Ross box to the newer rack and pinion to work with a Jakes A arm. You need the weldment that the rack bolts to, the newer steering column with U joints, drag link and of course, the rack itself. Everything bolts in seamlessly and you will be able to steer it with 2 fingers or your thumb.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 05:28 PM   #4
Deleye
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you both for your help
Deleye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift, rack and pinion, steering
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car