lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2022, 07:36 PM   #1
Bwebb1986
Not Yet Wild

Default Tight steering / hard to turn

I have added a 6” lift and 23” tires to my G29. Now my steering is extremely tight. It like driving a car with no power steering. I can’t find a way to make it turn smoother.

Thanks, BW
Bwebb1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2022, 07:49 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Tight steering / hard to turn

Check your toe carefully and make sure that there is no binding in the steering.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 05:28 AM   #3
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Tight steering / hard to turn

Which lift kit? I suspect that you have a problem with binding in the knuckle or steering linkage area. Did you forget a spacer? Jack up the front end. Is it still difficult to turn?
You can remove each tie rod end and turn each wheel manually. Is it stiff? Try the steering wheel. Is it stiff with the tie rod ends disconnected?

Assuming that you don't have a binding issue, (I think you do) toe might be the problem but it would have to be pretty significant to make the steering that tight.

VA is correct in that the Toe adjustment has an impact on the steering. Toe out makes the car feel tighter and track better. Toe in will make the car feel light on the steering wheel. With a lift kit and big tires the car will feel like it is wandering.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steering
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha