lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2022, 01:24 PM   #1
Joshmccormick2086
Not Yet Wild

Post G16 limo with a G22 Jakes LT installed

So I have acquired a Yamaha G16 limo with a G22 Jakes LT suspension on it.

First off, its welded on, likely because it belongs on a G22. I don't know how this all came about but i have it now. As you can probably guess, the steering is an issue. When I first got it, it had just the stock pitman arm on it with cut and extended tie rods on it, which was causing issues.

I ended up calling jakes and got the extended pitman arm and the correct tie rods for the G16 lift. Once I got them I realized that the spindles are also different (G22 spindles are on it) so luckily I have a G16 donor cart and I removed the steering brackets off of those spindles, drilled holes in the G22 spindles and attached them.

That being said, the issue here is a couple of things still, on right turns the right tire over turns and starts to push and if I turn too far it will lock out right and I can't get it back without getting out of the cart and pulling it back. This is probably the biggest issue being this is a limo and hard to maneuver as it is.

Second issue, the steering box binds like crazy when you get near lock on each side but mostly on right turns. I have packed the box full of grease and adjusted the worm gear adjustment on the top of the box but its still bad.

So, I'm wondering what I should do. Is there a way I can possibly make this work better with what I have or should I just consider going rack and pinion to resolve, or just sell it altogether. It's just not enjoyable to drive and my wife can barely even steer it so it sucks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg limo.jpg (203.3 KB, 0 views)
Joshmccormick2086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2022, 02:08 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: G16 limo with a G22 Jakes LT installed

If you’ve got a donor cart then why not swap over the whole front suspension and put it back to stock and then you could lift it with the correct kit?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:24 PM   #3
Joshmccormick2086
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G16 limo with a G22 Jakes LT installed

I don't particularly want to spend another 1300 dollars if I can make what I have work, mainly.
Joshmccormick2086 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g16, g22, jakes lt, steering, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha