lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2019, 10:57 AM   #1
bgassie
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO 2five accessory wiring

Need HELP!

I have a 2014 EZGO 2five that I just changed the batteries for the first time since I purchased the cart new. Now none of the 12 volts accessories work. I have checked all fusses and they are good. These carts have the DeltaQ (9224854-06) charge with built in voltage reducer. I have done some diagnostic and found that I am not getting 12 volts on the unswitched output or switched output wiring on the DeltaQ plug shown in the attachment. I also found that the blue Switched Output Enable (Input) wire going to the DeltaQ has 50 volts when I turn the cart key on. Is the 50 volt input normal? The DeltaQ attachment states 8 – 17VDC on this pin activates the 12V Switched Output pins.

Did I somehow damaged the built in voltage reducer when I changed the batteries? I even made sure to flip the run / tow switch before I changed the batteries so I would not screw anything up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2Five Accessory Harness.jpg (119.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2Five Main Harness.jpg (138.0 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Charger and DCi.pdf (185.7 KB, 0 views)
bgassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
bgassie
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO 2five accessory wiring

I sent Delta-Q an email and this was their reply:

"The blue switched output enable is just an input. So that 50V you are measuring it's coming from somewhere else. You are correct, it should only receive 8-17VDC to activate the 12V switched output. Something happened at the vehicle's circuitry. Possibly damaging the DC-DC converter. You'll need to contact E-Z-GO as this is something happening in the car. They would know more about the internal circuits for their cars."

How can a cart get voltage between 8-17 Volt before the converter? Any thoughts?
Old 07-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

There is a constant 12V output as well as a switched output on the reducer.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:56 PM   #4
bgassie
Not Yet Wild

The issue is my cart is sending 48 volts to the switched input on the voltage reducer and Delta-Q states it can only handle 8 -17 volts.

So should the golf cart Curtis controller send 8 -17 volts? I did not think that was possible.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:26 PM   #5
bgassie
Not Yet Wild

I have been studying the EZGO wiring diagrams along with a few other people and the way we see it is that the 12 volt switched input wire going to the voltage reducer is design by EZGO to have 48 volts. However, Delta-Q says their reducer switched input is only designed for 8-17 volts.

I am thinking this may be a design issue by EZGO; however, EZGO will not let me talk to technical support being I am not a dealer.

Am I just totally out the box and looking at this wrong?????
Old 08-22-2019, 11:39 AM   #6
Sheehank1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I hope you were able to fix, note I had the same issue and EZGO had me change the fuses. Note they looked fine, but EZGO told me they were junk fuses and to change and that did the trick.
Sheehank1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:29 PM   #7
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgassie View Post
I have been studying the EZGO wiring diagrams along with a few other people and the way we see it is that the 12 volt switched input wire going to the voltage reducer is design by EZGO to have 48 volts. However, Delta-Q says their reducer switched input is only designed for 8-17 volts.

I am thinking this may be a design issue by EZGO; however, EZGO will not let me talk to technical support being I am not a dealer.

Am I just totally out the box and looking at this wrong?????
Other websites allow you to call in for technical support.
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:37 AM   #8
bgassie
Not Yet Wild

I tested the fuses with a meter but never tried new ones. I ended up installing a separate voltage reducer due to the charger with reducer costing so much.

What other websites provide technical support? I sure would like to figure out why EZGO is sending 48 volts to the reducer switch when the reducer manufacture has told me the switch is only good for 12 volts.
Old 07-09-2021, 06:26 PM   #9
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

I’m wanting to wire up some rock light on mine but can’t find a 12 volt connection? I thought the fuse block would be 12 volts but I can find any. Mine all show 24volts which I find odd. The lights and the horn and etc has to be 12 volt.

Can anyone help me understand?
Jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:17 PM   #10
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

So there’s no one who knows where the 12 volt source is on a 2five?
Jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO