lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #1
Choppedg9
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G9 amplified soundbar issue

So I've just mounted a bazooka Bluetooth self amplified soundbar with Poor results. I'm running it straight from battery . If I'm just sitting there , it sounds amazing, but as I start to accelerate , the speaker sounds like my cell phone is buffering ( cuts in and out). So I hard wired phone via an aux cord and the same thing. I was thinking voltage regulator , but all lights function properly ( no dimming or getting brighter with acceleration or braking)..It has new battery and starter/ generator. Across the battery I'm getting roughly 13.8 - 14.2 volts. If I take battery leads off and measure across the leads I get 17.8 under acceleration. Yes, I'm able to start mine in neutral. Any thoughts,.was thinking maybe some kind of filter or maybe a faulty starter/ gen?????
Choppedg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2017, 08:00 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 amplified soundbar issue

Others having same issue, not sure if they figured out a solution. The solid state VR on the G9 turns on/off that is why you see high voltage. Some equipment will get angry at over 15v some does not. One person used a different VR and fixed it he said. The G2 had a mechanical one that you can adjust the voltage. My lights do get bright and dim a little, but I swear they did not with the stock engine, when I put the clone in they did.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #3
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 amplified soundbar issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppedg9 View Post
So I've just mounted a bazooka Bluetooth self amplified soundbar with Poor results. I'm running it straight from battery . If I'm just sitting there , it sounds amazing, but as I start to accelerate , the speaker sounds like my cell phone is buffering ( cuts in and out). So I hard wired phone via an aux cord and the same thing. I was thinking voltage regulator , but all lights function properly ( no dimming or getting brighter with acceleration or braking)..It has new battery and starter/ generator. Across the battery I'm getting roughly 13.8 - 14.2 volts. If I take battery leads off and measure across the leads I get 17.8 under acceleration. Yes, I'm able to start mine in neutral. Any thoughts,.was thinking maybe some kind of filter or maybe a faulty starter/ gen?????
Call someone from bazooka or maybe a local stereo shop that may be able to help you if they have ran into this before. I installed alot of the old bazooka tubes in the late nineties and the ford ignition systems would give alot of interference with the amplifier in them and we used to put in filters on the rca cables so I think you are on the right track with some sort of filter good luck and keep us posted
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha