lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2023, 06:22 PM   #1
RockDocGa
Not Yet Wild

Default Icon i60l motor misbehaving.

OK I’m in a bit of a spot. My gently used Icon i60l is a lawn ornament
. I bought it used with a bad magnetic brake. It ran fine for about a month. Then, it stopped. When I select forward the cart lurches forward four times then kills the throttle response until I reset the cart. I had it towed to the local dealer who said it was the controller. A new Navitas TAC-2 later the cart doesn’t lurch but instead trods along at a snails pace. The motor leads get warm to the touch and the controller indicates fault 4-8 “Encoder A input fault”. The voltage on the encoder wiring harness is 5v,3v,3v,0v and when the x,3v,x,0v is jumped, I can see the controller indicate a change from low to high. On depressing the throttle, which ranges correctly between 0.1v - 4.9v, the fault trips because there is no change.

Finally my question. I suspect that the no change is a function of the fact that the controller expects a value that the encoder isn’t providing BECAUSE the motor isn’t functioning. Or, does the encoder actually tell the motor the range it should be operating at? In other words, do I have a bad motor, a bad sensor, both or something else?

Thanks for any help in advance.
RockDocGa is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon