lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2023, 08:12 PM   #31
JJButler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Carburetor for ezgo??

Here's a comparison...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230608_194138.jpg (180.1 KB, 0 views)
JJButler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2023, 11:03 AM   #32
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Wow, it's been a few years since I've had a BV-24 in my hands. Guess I don't remember the size difference, is the bolt pattern the same?. I'll take another look at one today as a friend has an 88 with the BV-24, I'll post a pic of hers to compare to your new one. I don't remember it having that side flange either but maybe it does, perhaps it's an option casted in for other applications or something....

I noticed your BV-18 is an original Mikuni (Made In Japan), I'd clean that baby up and put it back on. It's a much better quality carb than the cheapie Chinese ones anyway
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 02:26 PM   #33
NHkev
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey JJButler, I had the same setup as you and posted originally around the same time. (88 Muffler / 87 carb) I did some research and ended up trying out the BV24 carb that you have pictured, it wasn't easy to mount but I did get it on and boy what a difference it made. I also dropped a 1/2" smaller belt on it for the hills.

See attached pics. (the last image of the BV18 which is the smaller 87 stlye one) The side flange is just for another application they must of just used a similar diecast, its not drilled out for anything for us.

let me know if you want pics of anything else to help out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230609_141927.jpg (210.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230609_141934.jpg (146.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230609_142054.jpg (211.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230531_111425.jpg (183.6 KB, 0 views)
NHkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 04:38 PM   #34
JJButler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I can't get the carburetor bowl to fit in the hole because of a nut and bolt sticking out from the back of the motor. If I could it would line up .I ordered a smaller one too .My air box is a little different than yours too.I love you set up .Looks powerful . I plan to rebuild this whole cart it's it perfect condition.
Old 06-09-2023, 04:46 PM   #35
JJButler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Trying to show you the bolt .I am not at the cart right now.
Old 06-10-2023, 08:34 AM   #36
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

So a BV-24 will fit, that means the manifold is the same as I expected. Had me wondering there for a while........

NHkev, thanks for the info. I'm a little surprised the bigger carb made that big of a difference for you, maybe it's the shorter belt? Either way, glad you got it running
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 10:14 AM   #37
JJButler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHkev View Post
Hey JJButler, I had the same setup as you and posted originally around the same time. (88 Muffler / 87 carb) I did some research and ended up trying out the BV24 carb that you have pictured, it wasn't easy to mount but I did get it on and boy what a difference it made. I also dropped a 1/2" smaller belt on it for the hills.

See attached pics. (the last image of the BV18 which is the smaller 87 stlye one) The side flange is just for another application they must of just used a similar diecast, its not drilled out for anything for us.

let me know if you want pics of anything else to help out
Where did you get your carburetors from? Can you share a link .I received another unusable one today .I am about to give up on an aftermarket one.
Old 06-11-2023, 09:41 AM   #38
NHkev
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJButler View Post
Where did you get your carburetors from? Can you share a link .I received another unusable one today .I am about to give up on an aftermarket one.
I took a chance and tried this amazon one and got lucky, where did you find yours?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YMTGRCA...roduct_details
NHkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 04:33 PM   #39
JJButler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

88 here which won't fit for the fan housing bolt.https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N9VL6E6...p_mob_ap_share
Old 06-11-2023, 04:36 PM   #40
JJButler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bought this and received a 2008 it appears carburetor. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DHSIX5A...p_mob_ap_share about had enough of amazon.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO