lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2010, 08:44 AM   #11
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Voltage on frame---normal or not?

I gave up on reducers years ago as I like most cart owners keep adding more draw and now use a handicap scooter battery ( UB12350 ) its sealed and can be mounted in any position. Its a 40 amp hour built for heavy loads and last time I checked it was $59.00 and I charge mine off a cheap 12 volt auto charger( Harbor Freight $25.00 ) For a long time I just threw mine in glove box until I mounted it over the front suspension. I have heavy load as I have 2-50 watt head lights, tail lights, turn signals, horn ( OHGAA ), radio, Stereo, running lights ( 2- 50 watt ), overhead fan, dash power outlet and only need to charge twice a month. NOTE May be adding CB in case of break downs as I am handicaped and can't walk very far at best?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #12
acousticallyblue
Not Yet Wild

I tried the light bulb, and apparently there's not much charge stored in my frame. I would have thought that the voltage would have gone away, or at least down, but it's still the same. I guess I'll clean the batteries when I get a chance and otherwise not worry about it.

OLD MEC, I think I'm going to listen to your advice and go with a battery. I think charging it would be a very small hassle compared with the things that could go wrong with a new voltage converter.
acousticallyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #13
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since I mounted my battery solid over suspension I added a marine dash power outlet ( 20 amp ) rating and by getting a accessory lighter plug in from radio shack and hooking it to charger all I do is just plug into dash and 120 volt outlet. After having my wife forget to turn battery off I added an extra 48 volt solenoid activated by factory key switch, now I dont have any problems with brake lights etc as when key is off battery is disconnected. NOTE I did add a DIODE and Resistor to protect solid state controller just like is used on my stock solenoid. I had contacted ALLTRAX and fellow there confirmed that it would be a good idea on solid state controled carts. I added a 30 amp fuse between battery and solenoid to protect system and added a 6 fuse panel to break circuits down even more. OVERKILL YES but safer?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, lights, voltage, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car