lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2021, 05:35 PM   #1
Qwert98
Not Yet Wild

Default Jerky Acceleration 2018 Club Car Gas

I bough a 2018 Club car new. I had the dealer increase speed from 16 to 19mph. Over the next 3 years it slowed to 15 mph. I read NUMEROUS posts about how to increase the speed. I tried the everything from the zip tie method (too jerky) to adjusting the two opposing screws under that panel on the back (slow acceleration) and finally adjusted the cable under the panel behind the accelerator pedal. The cable adjustment got me to 20 mph, but it's jerky when accelerating, and I can't drive slow - it seems to go faster than I want. I can't tell if it's the tightened throttle cable, or if I have the screws in the wrong setting.
I don't recall where the screws were set on the back, so I can't go back to where it was originally (amateur move - I typically take photos or mark screws beforehand).
Can someone please tell me how to make it less jerky - and have the ability to drive slowly. I pick up the kids in the school carline and I look like I don't know how to drive...
Qwert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2021, 06:37 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Jerky Acceleration 2018 Club Car Gas

What you have done is adjusted the throttle linkage to the point that the carb is not closing all of the way when stopped so when you push the pedal to start moving the carb is already open.
You need to cut loose any zip ties and readjust the linkage so the carb throttle plate does not start moving until just after you hear the start solenoid energize.
Then move to the rear transaxle and make your high speed adjustments there.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 07:56 PM   #3
Lazy cruiser
Getting Wild

Default Re: Jerky Acceleration 2018 Club Car Gas

My 2015 EX40 seems jerky as well. I checked the back and there is no zip ties. The throttle linkage doesn’t appear to be touching the stop screw (if that makes sense). Is there something I need to look at under the pedals? How do you remove the plastic shroud around the pedals if so?

Thanks
Lazy cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car