lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #321
Chopperno1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Snoop911, where did you go in Miami to get your packet of info to fill out? Inspection? Address and Or contact number would be great. Thanks

Last edited by Chopperno1; 09-06-2012 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Chopperno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #322
snoop911
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopperno1 View Post
Snoop911, where did you go in Miami to get your packet of info to fill out? Inspection? Address and Or contact number would be great. Thanks
mall of the americas DMV
google it under DMV's
it was real easy I have some stuff if you need it reflector triangles,manual wiper,SLM emblem,etc...
let me know if you want give me a number I can call you at and I will give you some tips on my inspection
snoop911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #323
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

is it possible to get a gas cart registered as a LSV (low speed vehicle) if it has all the other stuff needed? (lights,seatbelts, windsheild, reflectors, etc.) the form on the dmv website doesnt say anything about it having to be electric...

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/BFO/86064.pdf

has anyone got their gas cart registered as a LSV?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #324
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just got my GC street legal this year in Fl and the form specifically states that it must be electric. I also asked while I was there and they are very strict on this. I believe the reason being is because the gas carts are faster than the allowed speed for an LSV. If you need any help shoot me a PM.
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #325
yokoboy
Not Yet Wild

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and have a question. I live in Lauderdale by the Sea which is a cart friendly neighborhood. Was given a somewhat customized EZGO TXT that with a few additions will have everything it needs to be street legal. Problem is I cannot find a serial number on the cart. Is that going to keep me from getting a VIN number, insurance and plate?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks
yokoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #326
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

Call the FL DMV compliance office and ask about the serial number. Make sure you get the name of the inspector that gives you an answer because you will get another answer when you go. You get a VIN at the time of titling.

The whole process for me was an excercise in paperwork. As long as the forms were filled out correctly and reciepts were original and stamped paid they were happy. They barely looked at the actual cart when I brought it in.
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #327
B.B.
Not Yet Wild

I am also in Lakeland getting ready to see the compliance at DMV. I cant seem to PM you. Looking for some pointers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx104u2nv View Post
I just got my GC street legal this year in Fl and the form specifically states that it must be electric. I also asked while I was there and they are very strict on this. I believe the reason being is because the gas carts are faster than the allowed speed for an LSV. If you need any help shoot me a PM.
B.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #328
vdubstar33
Not Yet Wild

Spent quite awhile reading the posts here and didnt see this question answered (although, there are a lot of pages, so I skimmed). What parts exactly do you need the DOT receipts for? Is it just the seat belts and windshield? Is the insert in the box the seat belts came in saying they are DOT certified good enough?
vdubstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #329
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Do the forms correct the first time, have EVERY receipt for every item added and needed to make it street legal, tips would include reading this thread from the beginning since it details every question one could have about getting a cart Street Legal in Florida.

Every DMV is different, every officer would or could read the rules wrong, I even heard of one person getting a Gas Cart street legal in Florida when the law states otherwise.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #330
Chopperno1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok so I went down to the DMV at the Mall of the Americas in Miami Dade today. I got the forms that I need to fill out. The inspector highlighted everything I need to fill out. She looked over the reciepts that I have and said that they would not work. The reciepts I have are from ebay, amazon, and various other locations I purchased parts from. She states that I need to have the packing slip from the packages I recieved. All reciepts provided to her show zero balance or paid. I know for a a fact that most of the things I ordered only came with a shipping label on the outside of the box and no packing slip. Anyone have any insight, suggestions, or a work around for this?
Chopperno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car